Compression garment is too tight and I'm swelling a lot? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 6
Compression Garment Discomfort
The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling following a #TummyTuck or #Abdominoplasty. If it feels too tight or causes pain, take it off. Patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after surgery, as directed by their doctor. Some choose to wear it longer for several months for #comfort. I have also switched patients to an abdominal binder after a tummy tuck, which is also an option. Please note that swelling is normal but the garment shouldn’t cause furtther pain or creases.
If you have concerns about your #healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.
Post-op care in Melbourne, FL.
You might also like...
Compression garments should feel supportive, but not uncomfortably tight. You need to discuss this situation with your surgeon for his/her advice on how to proceed. The swelling you are experiencing could be related to the long flight from the DR to Canada. You will need to find a surgeon in your area who you can visit for post operative care.
Mommy make-over in DR- need post operative care and advice
- You should wear a garment that is too tight.
- You need to find a surgeon near you to provide post-operative care.
- If you did not arrange this before surgery, please do so now.
- In the meantime, contact your DR surgeon for answers to your other questions.
- S/he did your surgery and is responsible for your post-operative care.