Compression garment is too tight and I'm swelling a lot? (Photos)

Hi , I am on my 11th day . Yesterday I came back from Dominican to Toronto after surgery and now my tummy is swelling like hell . I'm using my compression garments which is too tight and I got some cuts on my waist , under arm and some places for that tight compression garments . Do I really need to wear this tight garment ? I have taken 6 massage after my surgery. Now my drain is out . Do I still need massage for swelling? If yes then how many massage should I take .

Dr derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. It is important to contact directly with your plastic surgeon , it might be that because of your flight back you experience this additional swelling and it will calm down again in the next hours/days. The post op garment is supposed to be tight and not necessarily very comfortable. Best of luck

Compression Garment Discomfort

The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling following a #TummyTuck or #Abdominoplasty. If it feels too tight or causes pain, take it off. Patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after surgery, as directed by their doctor. Some choose to wear it longer for several months for #comfort.  I have also switched patients to an abdominal binder after a tummy tuck, which is also an option. Please note that swelling is normal but the garment shouldn’t cause furtther pain or creases.

If you have concerns about your #healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Post-op care in Melbourne, FL.

Thank you for your question about your postoperative care after Mommy Makeover.  Definitely direct these questions to your surgeon who ultimately may have specific preferences regarding your postop care.  Generally speaking, one would not want to be wearing a garment that is too tight.  I highly recommend you see a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area so that you can follow up appropriately considering the procedures you have had done.   I hope this information is helpful to you.  Best of luck!

Amy Ortega, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

Compression garments should feel supportive, but not uncomfortably tight.  You need to discuss this situation with your surgeon for his/her advice on how to proceed.  The swelling you are experiencing could be related to the long flight from the DR to Canada.  You will need to find a surgeon in your area who you can visit for post operative care.

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy make-over in DR- need post operative care and advice

Thank you for asking about your DR mommy make-over.
  • You should wear a garment that is too tight.
  • You need to find a surgeon near you to provide post-operative care.
  • If you did not arrange this before surgery, please do so now.
  • In the meantime, contact your DR surgeon for answers to your other questions.
  • S/he did your surgery and is responsible for your post-operative care.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon