Is a test patch recommended with an Nd:Yag laser?

I've had a laser hair removal consultation and was told that they would treat me with the Cutera Coolglide laser. I am Indian and believe that my skin is type IV. I was not offered a test patch. Is a test patch recommended when using this laser on my skin type?

Yag

Thank you for your question in regards to a Yag laser. The Cutera Coolglide is a 1064 laser which is safe to use on all skin types. Although a spot test should have been performed, it is the correct laser for your skin type. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.