How many syringes for desired look? Juvederm Lip Fillers. (photos)

I have done a lot of research but it seems everyone who gets one syringe of Juvederm has barley any results, I understand this differs per person but i'm looking for a noticeable difference. I don't have super flat lips or anything to begin with but I want quite a pouty look after. Would 2 syringes of Juvederm get me the results? And whats the difference in Juvederm and Juvederm Ultra Plus?

I would suggest beginning with one syringe of Juvederm.  If it does not yield the results you were hoping for, you can always add more.  The difference between the Ultra and Ultra Plus is consistency.  Ultra Plus is thicker than the Ultra.

Lip fillers

Thank you for your question. If you are looking of fuller look, I would start with the Juvederm Ultra plus. This is a thicker filler than the Juvederm Ultra  and will give you the more volume you are looking for. I would only start with one syringe at a time. If after two weeks when all the swelling has resolved you can always go back and have more added in. It is better to start slowly then to have your lips overfilled. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Lip filler

Thank you for your question and for the picture. I usually start my patients with one syringe and evaluate after a couple of weeks to determine if you need more. I hope this helps.

How many syringes for Juvederm

In my opinion it's always good to start with one syringe and then I would show you the results, if you wanted more then it is as easy as just getting another syringe and adding more, and as I went I would show you the results, as to not go too big so you wouldn't be unhappy with the procedure afterwards. Please consult a professional in your area. Thank you for your question.

Best Regards 

The effect of fillers is usually in direct proportion to the area being treated and the amount used. However, one option for you, is starting with one syringe, and then determine if the results are what you are wanting. If they aren't then you could add another syringe at the same visit.

How many syringes for desired look? Juvederm Lip Fillers.

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant for a permanent enhancement.  Most patients choose to use 1 syringe at a time but you can have 2 syringes if you're looking for a greater degree of lip augmentation.

In my humble opinion, dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Luscious Lips

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some patients want natural but fuller. Some patients want over the top luscious. The lips in you photo has a decent amount of volume and pout already. Given that its easier to add more filler than to take it away, I would start with one, wait a week, and see how you like it. If it's not Kardashian enough you can always do more. 

Check out the link below.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best option. Consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Filler for lips

Some patients need more than one syringe to achieve their goals.  I usually start with one and see how the patient looks and she and I decide together to add another if necessary.

Enlarging lips with Juvederm

If you want lips that are noticeably too large, probably 2 syringes is needed. This is not my style. I like to produce the natural look. My recommendations are to do one syringe and then reevaluate in 2-3 weeks. Perhaps place another at that time. Juvederm Ultra Plus is a thicker product that might last somewhat longer. It can be felt more by patients. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

How Many Syringes For Desired Look?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Based on your photograph, you appear to have some nice natural fullness in your lips.  I would suggest that you start with one syringe of Juvederm.  You can then evaluate your final result at 2 weeks and decide if more product is required to achieve your desired look.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!