Is one syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus enough to get a more defined tip and nose bridge? (Photo)

I have a very typically ethnic Asian nose and it's extremely flat with a barely existent bridge. I'm not looking for crazy results but I do want a defined nose bridge and tip. I found a Medi-Spa near me that I'm comfortable with and will be booking a consultation next week. I've decided on getting Juvederm Ultra Plus and was wondering if one syringe will be enough?

Nasal augmentation with Juvederm Ultra Plus

Thank you for your question. I would suggest a consultation with a reputable board-certified plastic surgeon with an interest in rhinoplasty in your area. It is important for you to understand the difference in results between a rhinoplasty and Juvederm Ultra Plus. Injection of Juvederm Ultra Plus for changing the appearance of your nose is an advanced technique, not without risks, and I would have it done by a board-certified plastic surgeon as well. 

Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and the Nose

I do not think that you will be able to get the correction that you want with a filler.  I suggest that you consult a plastic surgeon about surgical correction.  Best, Dr. Green

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty Candidate

I suggest seeing an expert.  If one syringe isn't enough you can use more over time to build the structure you are looking for.  I suggest avoiding over filling as this can compromise the blood supply to the area and cause significant swelling.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Nose fillers

Thanks for the question.  I think a rhinoplasty would give you the best results, but if you are not ready for that then fillers are a great way to "try out" a new nose.  You are right in that you will get subtle changes not dramatic.  You may want to consider Voluma as it is a stronger material and can last up to 2 years vs the juvederm which will likely need to be redone in 6 months.  I think with either product you can achieve some subtle improvements that you are looking for.  I would advise having this done by a Plastic Surgeon experienced in both injectables and rhinoplasty.  Do not just see a Medi Spa injector.  An intimate understanding of the nasal anatomy is crucial in performing these injections.  

Good Luck

"The above answer has been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for actual in-person examination and medical advice; it is only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Fillers in nose

I think that you are likely to get a better result with rhinoplasty using cartilage grafts to augment your nose.

Is one syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus enough to get a more defined tip and nose bridge?

Thank you for your question and photograph.  I would recommend starting with a single syringe and allowing your results to mature over the next 2-4 weeks, adding more if you deem it necessary.  Best to make changes in appearance as a gradual process rather than in a single procedure.  As this is an advanced technique in filler placement, it would be wise to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.  

Filler to the nasal tip and bridge.

The patient has an Asian nose which is low and minimally projecting. Although there are many improvements that can be made both surgically and non-surgically the patient is opting for injection. Because of the potential for risk I would suggest not going to a spa for the injection but in fact to a facial surgeon such as a board-certified plastic surgeon. Follow that person's advice as to how best to improve your nose including a discussion of the risks and benefits.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

The correct amount of Juvederm

Start with one syringe of Juvederm and build up and see where you are.   Then 2 to 3 weeks later do a 2nd.    I suspect you will need at least 2 syringes.    Use Juvederm Voluma.    The longevity is 2 years.  I have seen excellent longevity on noses.   My Best,   Dr Commons

Juvederm for the nose

One syringe will likely be enough.  Most importantly is the credentials and training of the practitioner however.  Make sure your practitioner is a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  Otherwise, you are likely going to a less qualified person, and your results may not be as good, especially at a "medical spa".

M. David Cole, MD, FAAD
Newport Beach Dermatologist