Can symmastia be repaired with fat transfer?

Thinking to remove breast implants get a lift and add some fat, would I still have symmastia and what are the risks of fat transfer to breast ?

Symmastia

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time.

It can not fix symmastia but could be used in conjunction with the other procedures you want.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Symmastia

Sorry, fat transfer does not fix symmastia.  For this problem, you would need an implant pocket revision.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Symmastia

Fat transfer will not fix symmastia.  A lift and fat after removal of implants does work well in some patients.  You may need another fat transfer in a few months depending on your goals. When performed by someone who does a lot of fat transfer to the breasts, risks should be minimal.  Cysts, fat necrosis, absorption, and infection are all some risks but should always be very minimal.  Best wishes.

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia

No sorry that won't help. The best options are to do a pocket exchange, reinforce with mesh, or removal followed by replacement after several months. Very tough problem but repairable if done properly

Cain R. Linville, MD

Symmastia

Fat transfer is not a treatment for symmastia. Whether the implants are removed or not the deeper tissues/capsules have to closed down to help create the appearance of a spacef between the breasts.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD