Swollen between eyes after septorhinoplasty? (Photos)

I had a septorhinoplasty 6 days ago. 2 questions: 1) I mainly had cartilage removed to narrow & raise the tip. I have attached a before photo for reference. I am wondering why there is so much swelling between my eyes, as this was not an area that was worked on? How long until this goes down to a normal level? 2) I took the cast off by myself at day 5, when I was supposed to go to the dr at day 7 to get it removed. Will this affect my healing? Surgeon said the cast has a lot to do with healing.

Swollen between eyes after septorhinoplasty?

It is very common to have swelling following nasal surgery. I recommend waiting for a few weeks for the swelling in the upper part of the nose to subside. Tip swelling can take upto one year. But if you are very concerned then I recomment seeing your surgeon. 

Bloomfield Hills Plastic Surgeon

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 weekafter a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD