What surgery could I get to fix my breasts that won't be effected by weight loss? (Photo)

Ive never been happy with my breasts. I Have yet to take off my bra during sex because I'm so embarrassed. I want to get this fixed now but I've been told I can't if I want to lose weight eventually. Is there anything (surgery wise) that can be done to fix this that won't be effected by weight loss down the road?

Weight loss after breast surgery

Unfortunately, it’s difficult to say how weight loss after cosmetic breast surgery will affect the breasts. Sometimes, there is no impact whatsoever while other times, sagging can result. Generally speaking, however, dramatic weight loss does make the breasts saggier, regardless of what kind of breast surgery you’ve had. For this reason, you may want to lose the weight first and reach your ideal weight before considering surgery. That way, you won’t have to worry about the effects subsequent weight loss will have on your breasts.

What surgery could I get to fix my breasts that won't be effected by weight loss?

A breast lift would be the most reasonable course of action given your picture and concerns.  Weight loss can alter the final result.

Breasts and weight loss

If you go on to lose weight, your breasts may deflate as well. Deciding on when to undergo a lift is a personal choice. Good luck.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. You are an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. You can reduce your size and get a lift as well. And with the short scar lollipop techniques, you can have less scarring and better shape over the wise pattern anchor scar approach. Please view the attached video link below to see examples of this procedure. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day! Dr Kayser Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift/reduction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift/reduction.  This can be designed to result in an improved shape and contour of your breasts while minimizing scar appearance.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. It will  be better for you to lose weight first, because besides the surgery, if you lose weight your breasts can lose elasticity and shape too. I recommend yo a breast lift. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Thank you for the question and photo.

You are a good candidate for breast lifting surgery (plus or minus breast implants depending on your goals) but  if you are contemplating weight loss then it would be in your best interest to have the breast surgery after you have reached your long-term stable weight (if possible). Doing so will help minimize risk of surgery and improve your chances of achieving your goals and minimize the chances that revisionary breast surgery (to treat “sagging” for example) will be necessary afterwards. You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast lifting surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more.

Mastopexy (Breast Lift)

Thank you for your question and photos.  A Mastopexy/Breast Lift will raise the nipples and tighten the skin, which will lift your breast to a better position.  Down the road when you want to loose weight, the skin could become looser again, because you general lose breast volume as well. If your breasts become looser in the future from weight loss or normal breast aging, you can always do another breast lift then.  Please schedule a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  

Breast Lift

Thank you for your question and photos. A breast lift could be done without reducing your overall size very much- allowing repositioning the areolas and giving you a fuller, perkier look.

Do you normally notice that your breasts change in size drastically with weight gain/loss? Breasts have different ratios of fat to glandular tissue so it is hard to predict how much your breasts might change. You could consider adding  a moderate breast implant in the future if your breasts diminish after weight loss.

Be sure to seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon for consultation.

All the best

Weight loss

Most breasts are affected by weight loss and gain--some have a lot of change and some have little change. The only procedure to guarantee that the breast size will not change with weight gain or loss is a mastectomy. However, you could consider a breast reduction with lift and implants so that most of your breast volume is implant. If you wish surgery now, don't let someone tell you to wait based upon what your weight may be later.