What surgeries would you rcomened for me? (photos)

I have lost 80 pounds in the last year. But I am still not happy in my skin. I am looking to tighten my tummy, get bbl and breast enhancement. Not sure where I should start or what exactly I need. I'm 5'2 130.

Mommy Makeover - Following Massive Weight Loss

Thank you for your question and photos. Congratulations on your weight loss.  A tummy tuck with skin excision and muscle tightening would give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Your breasts would benefit from a lift +/- an implant. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Tummy tuck, breast lift

Great job on losing so much weight! I would suggest you start off with a tummy tuck to firm up your mid-section. This would dramatically improve your body contour and make your weight loss efforts more visible. I wouldn’t be able to comment on the breast enhancement without knowing more information, however it can be performed at the same time as the tummy tuck.

You should seek a board certified plastic surgeon for an inperson consultation to help guide you. They can recommend treatments based on your aesthetic goals.  

Where to begin...

Where to begin....first, congrats on the weight loss that is impressive.  Your concern about still not feeling "happy in your skin" is something I hear a lot.  The reason is that fat responds to lifestyle changes but skin does not.  What I would tell you is that a tummy tuck or even an extended tummy tuck could make a world of difference.  You make get an even better result if you lose more weight.   If that is the plan then go for that first.  If you are pretty stable at this weight then don't get excessively thin just for surgery only to gain it back later.  Your best result will be the long lasting result done at your stable weight.  If your breasts are a concern then you could certainly do them at the same time.  Whether you want a lift or an augmentation and lift is totally up to you.  A consultation to go over your options is the most important thing to do at this point.

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon
Assistant Clinical Professor &
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training,
McMaster University

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Surgeries to consider

Wow-congratulations on your weight loss!  The surgery to begin with would be the area that bothers you the most.  I feel you would benefit from any of the surgeries that you mentioned.  A tummy tuck will remove a lot of the excess skin and recontour the abdomen.  A breast lift and enhancement will bring a more youthful look to the breasts.  I would suggest visiting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to discuss these options, including the benefits and risks of each.  You may find that you will get better results if you stage the procedures, rather than trying to do combine them.  Best wishes to you.

Camille Cash, MD

Surgery after weight loss

Congratulations on your weight loss! You have done a fabulous job.

I generally recommend that you start with the area that bothers you the most. A tummy tuck will help your abdominal area by removing the excess skin and many of the stretch marks. It is hard to see from the pictures but many people who lose large amounts of weight prefer to start with a circumferential body lift which also helps improve the sides, back, buttocks, and outer thighs.

If you chose to start with the tummy tuck alone you may also be able to have the breast surgery at the same setting. It depends on the preference of the plastic surgeon you chose. Do your research and be sure to chose a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck! I expect that you will have excellent results.

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon