Do I still have to keep a stiff upper lip? I am 9 weeks post op.

I had revision with bone shaving and ear cartilage graft put at the tip 9 weeks ago. I have been limiting movement of my upper lip since day one. But today i put lip balm and tried to put my upper and lower lips together and I felt that my upper lip pulled down my nose a lot. Could I have done some damage? Is it possible that my cartilage graft got displaced? Thanks.

Moving your lip not likely to cause damage

Thank you for the question! It is unlikely to cause much damage from moving your lip.  However, you should follow the instructions of your surgeon as we all have slightly different postoperative instructions.  
If you have concerns, an in-person exam with a board-certified specialist would be the best way to assess your needs and obtain reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Lip movement and nose

It might take a while for your nose and upper lip to soften enough. Some sensations of pulling are common. Best of luck.

Nasal tip support

Without knowing the details of the surgery or seeing photos of your nose, it is hard to comment specifically, but in general, at 9 weeks following nasal surgery, simple lip movement should not cause damage to your nose. If it did, then it wasn't meant to be in the first place. Best to follow up with your surgeon for an in-person exam. Good luck!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon