Smoking before implant replacement and breast lift?

I am having a breast lift and exchanging my implants for smaller ones. By the time I have the surgery i will have been a non smoker for exactly 23 days. I know the Dr said 30 days and I'm 7 days. As I am flying to United States for the surgery and have already booked flights and hotels it will be very inconvenient to switch but nothing is more important than my Heath. Should I reschedule?

Smoking Before Breast Surgery

You need to discuss this with your surgeon. Smoking does interfere with healing and surgeons have different opinions as to how long to stop smoking before AND after surgery. For my patients I require a minimum of two weeks before and two weeks after surgery. Good luck!

Smoking and surgery

I prefer that patients avoid smoking for 3-4 weeks prior to surgery and to stay off cigarettes for 3-4  weeks afterwards.  Best to ask your surgeon his preference.

Smoking and breast uplift

hi - I would follow your surgeons advice. Some surgeons are stricter than others when it comes to smoking. It depends a little on the exact procedure and how tight the closure is expected to be as this influences the risk that smoking causes to the success of surgery. Smoking reduces the blood supply to the skin and prolongs healing time so the longer you can stop smoking prior to surgery the less the risk of wound healing problems. Good luck with your surgery 

Discontinued cigarettes 23 days before a breast lift. Safe?

No one can give you an absolute answer.  If you're not going to cheat I would probably acknowledge that some risk exists but I would probably be willing to proceed if you're otherwise healthy.  The procedure would not be risk free however especially if you're undergoing a full mastopexy.  Discuss carefully with your ps and good luck.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

As you know, the use of nicotine of any kind can be very problematic for patients undergoing breast lifting surgery. Run this question by your plastic surgeon but if I were involved, I would recommend postponing surgery until you have been nicotine free for at least 4 to 6 weeks.   Best wishes.