Small hole on vertical incision 7 weeks post lift and implants. Does this look like a suture abscess? (photo)

I'm 7 weeks post breast lift + 300cc saline under the muscle implants and have now noticed a small hole open up on my right breast along the vertical incision. Some clear fluid and blood came out of it but it doesn't seem to be infected. Does this look like a suture abscess?

Open incision 7 weeks after lift and implants

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and implants.

I take every opening of an incision after a lift + implants very seriously. This may be a suture abscess but one cannot know until you are examined. Please contact your surgeon and arrange to be seen. 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Incision issue

It is likely a stitch abscess, but to be sure you should see your surgeon. If the implant is visible it may need to come out.

Wound healing after breast surgery.

From the photograph, it seems that this is and area that an absorbable suture has come to the surface and disrupted healing. This is quite a common finding and usually nothing has to be done except to keep the area clean. If the suture is visible, it can usually be easily removed.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Looks like a suture abscess

Sometimes the absorbable sutures do not absorb properly and pop out like this.  This will heal.  Soap and water to keep it clean, polysporin.  Do it 2-3 times daily.  It will close on its own.

Martin Jugenburg, MD