Sleep Apnea and Liposuction?

I have sleep apnea and and after discussing liposuction the surgeon suggested to spend the night in a hospital setting? What are the risks with sleep apnea? Thank you.

Sleep Apnea and Liposuction?

I would have to agree with this one.  Patients with Apnea can have serious breathing complications after surgery with the addition of narcotics and swelling (extra fluid). I think it is wise to stay overnight in a location with 24 hour supervision. This could be a hospital or surgery center with overnight nursing care.  Finally, you should bring your CPAP machine with you on the day of surgery. Good luck.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon