What size implant and what projection would be recommended for me? (photos)

I am 5'4" 126lbs i have an unusually high breast fold and a narrow chest. I want to achieve the push up bra look without wearing a bra. based on my photos can someone give me a any suggestion as to sizing and profile? One doctor told me not to go bigger than 310 mod profile. After trying on sizes I feel this will give me what I already have with a push up bra on and I want more.

Breast Implant size recommendations

Hi. Based on the photos that you have submitted, I would guess that you would need more of a high profile implant to give you the amount of fullness that you would like and for that to fit properly on your chest. I think you would need a breast lift in addition to the breast enlargement with the implant to have the appropriate shape because of the shape of your current breasts and the drooping that you have presently. For my patients, I factor in their anatomy, measurements, and desired postoperative size and result to be able to select the implant. I then confirm that during the surgery with sizers. I hope that helps.
Good luck and take care, Dr. Howell

What size implant and what projection would be recommended for me?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. I do not think that you will do well with breast augmentation surgery alone. 
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural look” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Hard to answer this question without specific breast measurements AND an in person exam. Remember to choose a board certified plastic surgeon who actually takes the time to measure you and examine your breast pocket. Remember that sizers will only give you a rough estimate. The goal of breast augmentation is to optimally fill your breast pocket, not to overstuff or understuff it. At my practice, we utilize a series of 5 breast measurements that help me determine the implant size, which in turn helps me deliver a 24 hour recovery. Do your research and choose a surgeon who takes the time to sit down with you and discuss your goals/expectations to determine the best size for you. In general, moderate profile gives you a more natural look while high profile give you the rounded, shelf push up bra look. Good luck!!

Choosing a surgeon, choosing an implant, getting the best results

The most sophisticated approach to breast augmentation is through the armpit with a surgical camera (transaxillary endoscopic). Using this modern approach the space can be crafted under direct vision, with virtually no bleeding and no postoperative bruising. Most importantly, the shape of the breast is meticulously created. The other, older methods of insertion are technologically less advanced. Both silicone and saline implants can be placed through the armpit by a surgeon with skill and experience using this approach. The incision in the crease is the oldest method of placing the implants and puts a scar directly on the breast.

A round implant would be a better choice because they move more like breasts. The anatomic implants have a textured surface which makes them feel very unnatural. In addition, there is no benefit to anatomical. There is an X-Ray study that shows the implants from the side at 6 months. Standing, the round and the antomical implants have the same profile. When you lie down however, the anatomical implants do not change, which is unnatural. A round implant will change when you lie down, like a natural breast would.

HP implants, which are a more modern shape than moderate profile implants, fit most women better. They have a more appropriate base diameter and can be made to look very natural or very augmented, depending on where in the range the implants are filled to achieve a particular volume. High profile implants are the first choice in my opinion. I rarely find an indication to use moderate or moderate plus implants. The subtlety in the final outcome is not achieved by which profile implant is used, it is determined by the skill in the creation of the pocket, the choice of volume, and where in the range the implant is filled.

There are many advantages to sub muscular dual plane placement and very many disadvantages to sub glandular placement. I would see no indication to do anything but sub muscular dual plane. Subglandular silicone implant placement is the historical approach to this surgery, and was widely used in the 1960's. The implant edges are more visible, the risk of rippling is higher, the implant is in contact with the non-sterile breast tissue so the risk of infection and capsular contracture is higher. The interface between the breast tissue and the muscle is blurred so the implant interferes with mammography more than sub muscular placement. The blood supply surrounding the implant is worse so the risk of capsular contracture is higher. The support for the implant is less so there is more long term shape abnormalities and sagging. The look of a sub glandular implant is much less appealing than a sub muscular implant. The placement of sub glandular implants makes any subsequent revision surgeries more complicated and less successful. There are no advantages to sub glandular implant placement.

The choice between saline and silicone is one that requires a complex discussion of all of the advantages and disadvantages of both implants. The issues to be considered are safety, density, mobility, rippling, rupture rate, consequences of rupture, detection of rupture, need for follow-up care, cost of follow-up, appearance, feel, sensation of heaviness, radio-density, mammograms, and costs, among other things. There are advantages and disadvantages of both products. The decision will ultimately be up to you based on what is appropriate for your particular situation. Beautiful results can be obtained with either implant.

The best way to determine the size that fits your personal perception of the perfect breast is to try on sizers. This way you can see how they fit on you, how they add to your current volume, and whether they fit your frame. Although the surgeon can guide you, only you will be able to tell what is the right size. Try on sizers. Measuring a diameter and then telling the patient what volume they can have (in high, moderate or moderate plus implants) in my mind is backwards. The patients should be allowed to choose the volume. Then the surgeon carefully considers the base diameter, projection, profile, manufacturer, and fill material that will achieve the patients goals of size as well as qualitative look (natural, intermediate, or bold upper pole fullness or projection), all the while taking into consideration the patient's anatomic features that will affect the outcome. The experience of the surgeon and the degree to which they explain the options to you is of utmost importance. The subtlety in the final outcome is not achieved by which profile implant is used, it is determined by the skill in the creation of the pocket, the choice of implant. Don't let the doctor tell you what would look good on you. They cannot tell what you perceive to be the best size. There is no maximum. That is up to you.

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Fat Transfer/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. A preoperative sizing kit is helpful in my practice. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Given your photos and the photos of your desired goals of very obvious breast augmentation results
...you will likely need much larger and much more projecting implants (at least moderate plus, but likley high profile).  Thoe subjects alos appear to have round, maybe saline, implants, to have achieved their reults.  Each patient is individual and you may not perfectly achieve those results, but just a few thoughts given above.  Also, i would highly consider a breast lift in conjunction in order to improve the overall shape of your breasts with the implant to accomplish the additional size and fullness.

Hope that this helps!  Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Breast augmentation and lift

Hello and thank you for your question and photos. Based upon your current size and shape and your desired goals you would need a breast lift and implants together. Implants alone will not achieve your desired result. Even though implants to help fill the loose skin and create some lifting affect it is insufficient.The pictures you provided as far as your goal size is concerned appeared to be fairly large high-profile type implants. Remember that the final result is something you need to live with every single day. It is best to pick an implant that matches your frame the diameter of your breasts and create some proportional balance between your hips and breasts.You should have several consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area before making any decisions.As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care physician.As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care physician.Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Implants and lift

Without an exam I cannot tell you what size implant may be appropriate. Furthermore, it looks like you need a lift too. Best of luck.

There are literally hundreds of breast implant options and choosing the right one is critical to getting the results you want. That choice can only be made after a consultation and examination. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Implant Size

The implant selection process is based on a number of factors including tissue based planning. It is difficult to say without seeing you in person.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon