What can be done about the shape of my nose? (photos)

I absolutely hate the shape of my nose. Is there any procedure that can be done to change the shape of it? I'm assuming that rhinoplasty would be involved.

Rhinoplasty options

A rhinoplasty specialist will be able to comprehensively address the issues you have with your nose. 
While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist in order to achieve the best results possible. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist and look carefully at his/her Before/Afters to find a surgeon with the aesthetic that matches yours.

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty to change the shape of the nose

A  surgical rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish making the required changes to the nose. It's very important that you have specific goals in mind when you go in for consultation. The bulbous tip can be refined and reduced in size, the bridge line straightened and narrowed and any dorsal hump removed. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

What can be done about the shape of my nose?

Hello lauraxrose -Thanks for your question. Yes, a rhinoplasty procedure is necessary to address cosmetic issues with your nose.  You have several issues with the anatomy of your nose that would require that you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist in your are to have best addressed.  Pictures should be taken and rhinoplasty simulations performed so that you can best understand what a rhinoplasty procedure can and can't accomplish in your particular situation.  I hope this helps.Good luck,Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Open rhinoplasty candidate

Thank you for your question.  You are an excellent candidate for an open rhinoplasty.  The technique of this rhinoplasty would include alterations of your lower lateral cartilages and specific cartilage grafting techniques.  In my opinion, this will give you a nose which is softer in its appearance.  When looking for a plastic surgeon, make sure they are a member of The Rhinoplasty Society and are board certified in both Otolaryngology and in Plastic Surgery to obtain the best results possible.  Best wishes in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS

Board Certified ENT

Board Certified Plastic Surgery

Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Shape of nose

I think that if you are unhappy with the shape of your nose, it is best to be seen in person for evaluation. You should have in mind what specifically bothers you.  Best of luck!

Nose job

Dear lauraxrose, your nose is not bad. You should explain your problems with your nose. As far as I can see only a tip refinement will be enough for you.

Ege Ozgentas, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon