What is more safer to treat fat bulge after Tummy tuck? Sculpsure or Liposuction?

I am 6 months post tummy tuck and as per my doctor need touch up lipo however i am scared about the possible risk of fat embolism. I want to eliminate this risk altogether. Is it more safe for me to get non invasive fat reduction through SculpSure (Laser Fat Removal)

Sculpsure is ideal for touch up areas after major surgeries

Hello and thank you for your question. Sculpsure is a phenomenal and very customizable treatment that is ideal for targeted areas of fat reduction, as in your case, the little bulge after tummy tuck.  I personally treat many patients who have experienced irregularities or uneven results after invasive procedures like tummy tuck or lipo  and even after coolsculpting, because the suctioning is prone to create uneven results. I would highly advise for you to go for Sculpsure. Safe, quick and very effective. Hope this helps. Best, Dr.Avaliani

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Completely safe

Sculpsure is a completely safe way to reduce fat non surgically after a surgical reduction.  Its best to have a personal evaluation to answer your questions.

Completely safe

Sculpsure

Sculpsure is a completely non invasive procedure that only takes 25 minutes...It takes approximately 6 to 12 weeks for your lymphatic system to flush out the dead fat cells where you should reach your best results around 12 weeks.  You should expect 1-2 inches reduction in that area and also some mild skin tightening because the laser should get you some tightening.   Smartlipo is a minimally invasive procedure where we use a laser and actually go under the skin into the dermis to melt fat and aspirate it out the same day.  With Smatlipo there is a concern where there can be fat clots or blood clots, which may travel to the lungs (pulmonary embolism) and become life-threatening. Even though there is a very low chance of this happening it is a possibility. As far as your concern about eboli with a Sculpsure there has never been any reported and because it is completely non invasive your chances of that happening is much less than any other procedure.

Sculpsure

SculpSure after a Tummy Tuck

Thanks for your question. I think Sculpsure is a great option for touch up body contouring after an abdominoplasty. There is minimal downtime with the 25 minute procedure and miminal risk. I recommend you speak to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience with Sculpsure. If this is not your original surgeon, I recommend you bring an operative note from your surgery so that he or she knows what was done. Hope this helps. All the best...

SculpSure after a Tummy Tuck

Lipo or sculpsure for tummytuck retouch

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Everything depends on the magnitude of the problem, and your acceptance of time off after a procedure. 
SmartLipo, (not regular lipo) might be more powerful, but with more down time. sculpsure on the other hand will do a less aggressive change, with NO down time. You decide.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Lipo or sculpsure for tummytuck retouch

Wishing you the best in your journey

SculpSure and Tummy Tuck

SculpSure is safer than Liposuction for anyone.  Although there is a very small risk of a fat embolism from liposuction, it is very uncommon.  Liposuction always gives better results than SculpSure of any non-invasive procedure.  You want to wait a fairly long period of time after a tummy tuck to have liposuction to make sure the blood supply to the tummy tuck "flap" is well established prior to liposuction.  The risk of compromising the blood supply to the tummy tuck flap is essentially nonexistent with SculpSure.  I would say if your concerned about a fat embolism, use SculpSure to redu8ce the fat under the skin of the tummy tuck flap.

SculpSure and Tummy Tuck

Sculpsure after Tummy tuck

Sculpsure is an extremely safe method to have some body contouring.  It has no known risks of embolism like liposuction does (though minimal).  It takes approximately 24% of the fat in a given area off so if that is what you need after your tummy tuck this may be a great option.  See a Sculpsure Specialist and find out if will work best for you!

Sculpsure after Tummy tuck

SculpSure as a touch up procedure

SculpSure is ideal for a touch up procedure after a tummy tuck, liposuction and even after CoolSculpting or an earlier SculpSure session!!

SculpSure as a touch up procedure

I would recommend that you should be examined by your plastic surgeon, because it is difficult to asses your case without a photo.  It would also depend where  you need it and how much of your sensation you have gained back from the tummy tuck.  If you are only 6 months out you may not have full sensation in the area and  thus your sensation is decreased and you will not be able to tell if the laser energy is too high for that area of your abdomen.  
You also have the choice of tumescent liposuction under local,  where there is no general anesthesia used and this procedure has a  very very low risk of fat embolism.  

Thank you

Thank you

SculpSure Vs. Liposuction

The best treatment option to reach your desired result can only be determined through a consultation. Depending on your unique situation you could be an ideal candidate for SculpSure, SmartLipo or traditional liposuction. My suggestion is to schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to clarify how much of a touch up is necessary. This will ultimately determine what treatment is best suited for your individual needs.

SculpSure Vs. Liposuction