Is another rhinoplasty my only option? (Photo)

I had a septoplasty/rhinoplasty over 5 years ago to correct breathing problems as well as a hump. This has left the end of my nose bulbous, but I wince at the thought of getting another rhinoplasty. My nose had to be broken in seveal places and the recovery was horrendous (especially the packing). I only have issue with the side profile. Is another rhinoplasty my only option? Fillers? And if it is, would the recovery be any easier seeing as my nose is now structurally better? Many thanks!

Revision Rhinoplasty

The only permanent solution is to have a revision rhinoplasty procedure to reduce the shape of the bulbous nose. A revision rhinoplasty is more complex than an initial rhinoplasty. To make sure it’s done right, you should consult an experienced board certified revision rhinoplasty facial plastic surgeon. Most practices have stopped using packing during recovery. However, this should be one of the questions you ask during your consultation.

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

Revision rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedures to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so it is very important to submit a full set of facial photographs from all angles.  A revision rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge, and refining the bulbous tip.  It is also important to know whether or not there is any cartilage left on the inside of the nose after the primary rhinoplasty for potential grafting purposes.  Packing is no longer placed on the inside of the nose, so it it is not as painful, so recovery will be much better.  For more information  and many before and after results, please see the link and the video below

Revision

Just from the picture I can tell that the only way to correct that  nose is another rhinoplasty.II cannot answer your questions about the post operative period.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon