When can I return home after a Brazilian buttlift in another country?

If I get a bbl in another country howling do I have to recover there before I can come home? Should I stay there two weeks since I'm not allowed to sit on my butt and can't fly home? Can I come home earlier than that?

Returning Home Following a BBL in Another Country

Length of recovery, of course, depends upon the healing time of each individual and their prior health.  Typically I recommend that my patients remain one to two weeks in the vicinity where surgery was performed before flying back home to another country.  This past month I performed BBLs on two patients from ON; they recovered quickly and returned home a week after follow-up.  Recommend that you schedule an on-line and in-office consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you and your health and answer your questions.  All the best!

Flying after a TT

The main risk (also one for passengers without surgery) will be the possibility of developing a clot in one of your deep leg veins, DVT, that could travel to your lungs (Pulmonary Embolism). Venous blood clot risk factors include sitting for prolonged times (for example prolonged plane flights or road trips) obesity, oral contraceptive use, sedentary lifestyle, familial clotting disorders. to minimize this from happening to you, I would keep hydrated, wear TED stockings, walk around often and frequently, keep your legs elevated if possible and mover your legs, ankles and feet often while sitting.

I think that you need to discuss this with your surgeon, but I imagine if you have problems, then you might have to stay longer.

When can I return home after the BBL

Recovery from liposuction and the Brazilian butt lift is usually one to two weeks. During this period, patients may notice bruising and tenderness in the areas where liposuction was performed. Most patients are able to return to work one week after the procedure. It is best to resume strenuous activities such as exercise four to six weeks following surgery.

German Newall, MD

Travel after BBL

I typically allow patients to travel home 5 days to a week after BBL.  
With Brazilian butt lift we transfer fat from one area of the body to the other. These fat cells are transferred in microinjections throughout multiple planes in the buttock tissue so that they can gain new blood supply and live in their new home, providing increased volume and shape to the buttocks.

Postoperatively, no specific position is indicated and we do not have any sitting restrictions. The pressure caused by sitting is not sufficient to affect viability of the fat cells and so the postsurgical position depends basically on comfort and any other operations that have been performed.

Patients use girdles for 6 weeks and start therapeutic lymphatic drainage and ultrasound massages in the liposuctioned areas, which continue daily for a total of 10 sessions. Patients canreturn to light activities almost immediately after surgery, normal activities 2 weeks after surgery, and vigorous exercise 4 weeks after surgery. We usually experience a slow steady improvement for 3 months or so after surgery.