Can I get these results from a rhinoplasty? (Photo)

photos with heart is my nose, black and white photo is my desired results. What would I have to undergo and who are some good doctors in the Toronto area that could achieve this result?
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

You can get close to those results, but there aren't very many plastic surgeons who can do it for you.

You have a very difficult nose to work on. Your nose is strongly projecting, which means that the tip sits far forward, away from your face. The tip needs to be elevated, and the entire nose needs to be brought back closer to your face, like in the short video I attached to this post.

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a computer morph, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands. You can see, especially in the animation, that I brought the tip substantially closer to your face, and elevated the tip. The model also has a low bridge, and I tried to simulate that for you, too.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle. Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon. Short answer: your surgeon *must* be able to prove to you, with his before and after photos, that he can accomplish these changes. Otherwise, you, more perhaps than most, are likely to come out of surgery without the changes you wanted, but with a raft of new problems.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Feasible

Your wished nose is very similar to the look of your nose once operated for a basic rhinoplasty (no refinements required, like grafting or so) covering the following:
-dorsal shaving
-tip lenght shortening
-resection of alar cartilages
-osteotomies

Let me not that in your wish pic the tip is, IMHO, overly rotated, might not fit well in your face, nevertheless this is just a cosmetic judgement and technically is feasible.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate for dorsal hump reduction

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish reducing the dorsal hump, decreasing the projection of the nose, narrowing the bridge and refining the tip. The model photograph appears to be over resected on the dorsal hump and over rotated. It is very important to have a natural look. For many examples of hump removal, please see the link and the video below

Rhino results

Hi Queenkitty,  Although it is not possible to duplicate someones elses nose I do believe you can get a very nice result from a rhinoplasty and make your nosesmaller and more refined.  From looking at your profile you have a small dorsal hump and your dorsum and tip are overprojected.  It seems like your skin is of normal thickness and although you did not post a front view I am guessing your nose is straight and the tip is slightly wide.  From the front your nose could be made to be narrower and from the side your bridge and tip can be deprojected.  I think you would get a very significant change and a very natural result.  The details of the process would be discussed at a consultation.  Good luck.

William H. Sabbagh, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Can I get these results from a rhinoplasty?

Hi, I have performed many Rhinoplasty Surgeries over the past 30 years.  From the photos, your nose has a slight dorsal hump with an under-rotated (makes the nose appear long) wide nasal tip that is over-projected (tip sticks too far off of the face).  A profile view would help in the evaluation and might reveal a weak chin.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant placement, should your chin be weak, would allow the creation of a smaller, refined nose (similar to the model shown) with the similar facial harmony and balance.

Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty

No, the dorsum can be made straight and the tip refined, but her tip is much shorter than yours, and you likely will not achieve that same look.

Nose refinement with surgery

You seem to have very fine facial features, thin skin and fine bone structure. It is very likely that in experienced hands you can expect significant improvement after rhinoplasty. Whether it will be exactly like one on BW picture is very hard to predict.

You should seek a consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who has good reputation in nose surgery for detailed evaluation. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgery may be considered for obtaining a smaller, and more feminine nasal appearance.

Based on your desired result, you may require nasal shortening, tip deprojection and rotation, along with lowering your bridge for a delicate feminine curve. Consider consulting several reputable rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what might be best for you.

Thank you.

Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Humpectomy

A rhinoplasty can help take down a nasal hump and improve the overall aesthetics of the face. But more views and a in office consultation are important to understand the overall aesthetics and porportions of a face. Best of luck, MMT