What does Restylane longevity under the eyes depend on?

Would it depend on age, activity level, etc? And I'm talking about restylane under the eye area.

Longevity of Restylane Under the Eyes

Restylane seems to last longer in areas of the face where there isn't much activity, like the lower eyelid tear troughs. Restylane usually lasts 9-12 months in the lower eyelid whereas it last approximately 6 months in the nasolabial folds. I recommend that you have a consultation with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine you and see if you are a good candidate for this procedure. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Eye hollow filler longevity

Dear ZIIISH,

Thank you for your question. I have seen eye hollow filler last 1-3 years with the average time 1-2 years. This will depend on your metabolism and how much product is put in the area.
Hope this helps.
Dr. R

Morgan Rabach, MD

It depends more on the area and the individual rather than someones age or activity level. Some people will metabolize it faster than others. Certain products do last longer, for example, Emervel - the newest product from the same company that makes Restylane has a 12 month indication rather than 6-9 like classic Restylane. Hope that helps!

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Restylane Longevity

Restylane duration depends on the area injected. When injected into areas with more movement or use, such as the lips or nasolabial folds, it typically lasts about 6 months.  When injected into areas of minimal movement, it typically lasts longer, on the order of 9 months to a year.  When the injection is repeated the duration is typically longer.

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD, FACS
Bethesda Facial Plastic Surgeon

Longevity of restylane

I believe it depends mostly on the location. When placed in the tear trough at the depth of a potential plane beneath the thin muscle, it can last indefinitely. There is very little movement in this area and minimal blood vessels so it is very slow to breakdown. When placed in the undereye area more in the upper cheek, it is placed within the muscle or fat where there are more both blood vessels and more movement.  In this area the results are not as long lasting. I hope this helps.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

How long does Restylane last under the eyes?

Thank you for sharing your question. The amount of Restyane injected, the amount of activity that part of the face has and the tissue plane where the product is injected are various factors that contribute to the longevity of the filer. Placement in the tear troughs typically lasts 6 months. I hope this helps.
Good luck,

Restylane longevity

It depends on a number of things from the severity of the problem to the skill of the injector and that is why you need to be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon It should last about 6 months in this area

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Restylane and longevity

Yes, there are many factors that go in to estimating the longevity of the filler products. In general, it will last about 6 months.