I'm still doing my research on doctors to preform my surgery; BBL & lipo? 5 ft 9, weigh 180 pounds proportioned well.

Iam a heavy smoker I'm 31 now and hoping to have bbl and liposuction to my full back sides abdominal area and arms but because of my smoking I'm scared I was wondering if I do less cause of my smoking will it decrease the chance of something going wrong or if there is something the doctor should do different because of the fact that I smoke heavily and I smoke about a pack a day My body is proportioned well so if the areas are not to bad does that give me a better odds sorry so many Q at once

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

You need to stop the smoking prior to surgery.  Smoking will increase the risk from complications.  I would recommend an in person consultation and follow your surgeon's pre op instructions.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

BBL and smoking

For optimal fat survival and scar healing, you need significant blood flow to the areas and smoking can inhibit this. You should not undergo elective cosmetic surgery if you are still smoking because you increase your risk of complications such as skin/fat necrosis, delayed healing and infection. It is best for your results and your overall health to stop smoking at least 6 weeks pre and post op. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift and smoking

Hello and thank you for this question. You are right to be concerned. Smoking is a critical risk factor in elective cosmetic surgery. It will make worse every possible procedure. The effect of smoking will limit the amount of fat that survives the procedure to little or none. 

Thinking that doing a smaller procedure might be safer is not a valid argument. Any smoking is a problem for any surgery. Despite the long term risks of fatal lung cancer, the short term complications are also real and unavoidable. The carbon monoxide in smoke greatly diminishes the amount of available oxygen in your blood. Fat cells like all cells need oxygen. the fat that is transferred to your butt only survives on the passive shared oxygen from the surrounding tissues. If there is less available oxygen, those fat cells will suffocate and die, leaving you will only a liposuction procedure. The fat transfer part will be lost. 

You should obviously quit permanently for your long term health concerns, but definitely before and after surgery, you need to quit cold turkey. NONE. NOT even ONE. for at least 8 weeks before and 8-12 weeks after. 

Best to you. 

BBL

Even if you are a good candidate for the Brazilian Buttock Lift surgery, smoking makes you not a good candidate for elective cosmetic procedure.

Smoking and the use of any nicotine supplements before and after surgery will increase the risks of complications, poor healing, non-healing, no take of the fat graft, and pulmonary complications. Even one cigarette during the perioperative period will increase the risk.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

It is imperative that you stop smoking 8 weeks prior to surgery as well as 8 weeks after surgery for optimal results.

Also, For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

You do not want to experience the increased complications from smoking.  I would recommend that you stop smoking 1 month before surgery.

Stop smoking

Fat grafting to the buttocks requires optimal conditions so that the fat can survive. Smoking will decrease the ability of the fat cells to survive and increase your risk of complications.