How to remove hypertrophic acne scar and pigmentation? (Photos)

I got lots of hypertrophic scars on shoulders caused by severe acne. They are almost ten years. Recently I got kenalog injection. They went down a lot. I will get more injection in the future to flatten them. But what about the pigmentation. The dermatologist gave me a HQ gel. But I doubt it will help. She also suggested Fraxel laser. Any advice?

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

A combination approach is needed to get the best outcome. I suggest you see an expert who can get you on a short and long term plan including lasers, fillers, subcision, and skin care. Steroid/5fu injections may also help.  Best, Dr. Emer

Plato's Scar Serum for your keloids

I would start with application of Plato's Scar Serum followed by IIT and laser therapy. Your keloids may worsen without treatment. 
Best, Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

How to remove hypertrophic acne scar and pigmentation?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  I think that HQ cream is a good first place to start with attempts at lightening the color of your acne scars and you can even pursue treatment of chemical peels to the area to further enhance the appearance.  If this does not improve their appearance sufficiently, then consider laser treatments.