Recovery time from breast lift revision?

Hello! I understand that each person recovers differently, but looking for a ball park estimate! I received a breast lift with augmentation one year ago. My remaining skin started hanging off the implant, and my surgeon has agreed to do a revision lift to tighten and remove the excess skin. I am just wondering if I can expect to get back to work after 8 days? My job involves minimal lifting/moving and is not very physical. Thanks in advance for advice!

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

8 days should be enough

For a revision of the type you're describing, eight days off before you go back to a very light job should be more than enough. Just be careful when you go back. Don't over do it. And most importantly of all, make sure you follow your surgeon's advice. Only he or she will know what's best for you, based on your anatomy, your physiology, and the exact operation being done.
I hope this helps!
Dr. RoberShenker MD FRCS

Thank you for your question.  You are correct in that no two people heal the same.  In my practice I educate patients to expect to have a breast lift as an outpatient procedure (go in, have surgery and go home the same day).  I anticipate that the patient should have minimal downtime and should be up to driving and sedentary activities in 48 hours.  I ask that my patients avoid cardiovascular exercise for three weeks so as to not stimulate any bleeding.  By six weeks no restrictions other than contact sports.  Please check with your surgeon for their specific instructions.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon