Prolonged swelling from fraxel. How long it will go away?

Prolonged swelling from fraxel dual is this normal? Suffering from almost two months of swellingness in my face my scar flatten for a whole and wrinkles flat but my face is still swelling is this normal? Is this permanent? How long it will go away?

Fraxel Treatments

Thank you for your question. This seems to be excessive. I rarelly see sweling go past a week to 10 days. Be evaluated to be sure there is not other issues in place like a mild allergy to a cream product. I hope this helps!

Swellling from Fraxel

It is normal to have some swelling after Fraxel but swelling after two months needs to be addressed.  Please return to your treating physician for examination.  Let us know what happens.  Best, Dr. Green

Prolonged swelling

Dear notworth,

Thank you for your clinical post and your concerns are quite common. Although you didn’t mention what kind of Fraxel, a Fraxel renew, a Fraxel dual or a Fraxel repair the kind of symptoms that you complain of which are intermittent swelling and, edema and puffiness of the face can be experienced after fractional CO2 such as Fraxel repair. The initial cross T dry and swollen face is replaced by a pinkiness and swelling and the swelling can persist particularly in patients who are prone to swelling such as those with rosacea or skin sensitivity.

In general, all swelling and redness eventually subsides and it’s in your best interest to seek out your Fraxel treatment technician and physician to see if there’s any topical anti-inflammatory creams, intense pulsed light photofacial or other treatments they might suggest to minimize your symptoms.

I’m sure over time it’s going to improve and best of luck.

For more information, please review the link below.

R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

Swelling Post Fraxel

My best recommendation would be that you schedule an appointment with the doctor whose office delivered the treatment for you. I have not seen swelling last anywhere near that long post fraxel dual and would be curious if you have recently undergone any other changes. New fabric softner, some type of gluten sensitivity or something else could be driving the swelling. I wish you the best of luck.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Swelling from Fraxel Dual lasts about 5-7 days

I don't know why you are swollen after 2 months.  You need to discuss this with your doctor. Maybe it is unrelated to the procedure.

Steven F. Weiner, MD