Will profractional laser help with deep acne scarring?

I am getting 3 treatments of the profractional laser with 3 mlp's spaced out every month. I have deep acne scars on the forhead. Will this help and when will I start seeing the results?

Profractional improving acne scars

Thank you for your question. The Profractional Laser procedure is used to treat moderate to severe wrinkles, acne scarring and sun damage by gently removing the outer skin surface layer, revealing healthy new skin. The Fractional Laser delivers heat to the deeper layers of the skin stimulating new collagen growth and decreasing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This procedure can be performed to improve the appearance of the entire face or to target specific areas such as lines around the eyes and lips. New collagen remodeling occurs during the following 6-8 weeks following your treatment. The end result will be skin that is healthier, smoother, fresher and tighter. Best of luck! 

Dhaval M. Patel 
Double board certified
Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates 
Barrington
Oakbrook
Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Profractional treatment for acne

Profractional treatment for acne
Many lasers can improve acne scars. The resultant part is due to the experience treating doctor. Fractional CO2. Traditional CO2 and erbium lasers are all helpful.

Profractional Laser Treatment for Acne Scarring

Yes, a combination of MLP's and Profractional resurfacing can greatly improve acne scarring.  Other treatments which also help are direct excision and closure of the deepest scars, subcision and sublative laser treatments.

Combination therapy of all of these treatments is usually required for best results.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have these treatments.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Laser Skin Resurfacing

Profractional Laser is a type of laser by Sciton Company used for resurfacing skin. Many different types of lasers have been tried on scars. Deep acne scarring is probably one of the hardest types of scarring to treat. Many lasers can make some improvement.

I prefer the fractional CO2 laser from Lumenis for this problem. I find that patients require fewer treatments and short recovery periods following these treatments with excellent results. As always discuss this with your treating physician and explore the different options and why they recommend one treatment over another.