Which procedures would be recommended to achieve a more attractive nose and side profile ? (Photo)

Hi, I am a 26 years old female and I would like to get some advice about what can be done to make my profile and face overall more attractive without loosing facial harmony and still be recognizable. Here is what bothers me that I see : Side view - I find my face (cheeks) flat and a bit "falling" - "bump"under my eye - small nose bump - upper lip too flat Front view: - Nose too large Which procedures would I need to achieve a better look? Thank you!

Rhinoplasty & Fillers

Based on your photo, I would recommend a rhinoplasty to correct the bump and possibly narrow the tip. Then, I would suggest a bit of filler in your cheeks for a more youthful contour. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person.

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Facial procedures

A rhinoplasty can correct the bump and improve the tip. Filler can be used to treat the cheek hollowness.

Achieving a balanced and feminine face

Thank you for your question and photos. You are starting with a nice look and facial features. I agree with your assessment regarding the cheeks and nose. Your nose is slightly convex which can be addressed with a rhinoplasty to give it a softer look but not too scoopy. The tip can be narrowed and refined slightly but the length is good. Your skin looks slightly thick which can be a limitation on how narrow your tip can be but an improvement is expected. Narrowing the nostrils and upper part of the nose slightly will balance the nose. 

In terms of profile, I would certainly recommend some cheek augmentation for a youthful face contour. Augmentation can be done with filler or implants depending on your preference and other factors. The upper lip pout can be created with fillers or a lip lift procedure based on the exam. I would also consider a chin implant to bring the chin forward in balance with the nose and also create a nice neck line. 

You don't have to do all or any of these procedures but looking at the photos, this is what can give you some worthwhile improvement. 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial analysis

You'll need a filler in the cheeks such as Voluma, Radiesse or Sculptra.

You need the nose to be more defined with help of alar plasty and tip plasty.

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Which procedures would be recommended to achieve a more attractive nose and side profile ?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Rhinoplasty candidate

The side profile photograph actually looks very reasonable, however from the frontal profile the bridge line can be narrowed, the tip refined, and the nostrils narrowed, if  so desired. All of this can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty approach by making the incisions on the inside the nose. For more information  and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty, that way they can perform a physical examination of your nose. From what I can tell from your photographs, it appears your tip is slightly bulbous. You would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. In regards to your cheeks, you may want to consider trying a filler such as Juvederm Voluma to add more volume to the area. Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

A physical exam is essential . Based on your photos- you appear to be a good candidate for Rhinoplasty to achieve a more elegant nose. That can be achieved through a closed Rhinoplasty technique. You may also benefit from a fat transfer to a tear trough area, or you can try a temporary filler such Restylane to see if you like it. Best to seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam