What procedure would I need and roughly how much would the cost be? (Photo)

I had a labiaplasty performed by my gynaecologist back in February. He didn't touch the clitoral hood or anything up there and it's been bothering me quite a bit. I have a lot of excess skin near the clitoral area and was wondering what procedure should I have done. I'm very upset about the outcome of it because he did cut off quite a bit of labia and didn't touch the hood at all.

Clitoral Hood Reduction

Thank you for your question and photos.  Based on your photos, you may benefit from a clitoral hood reduction.  Clitoropexy may also be indicated in order to shorten the length of the clitoris. The price is dependent on the extent of the surgery and the region of the country.  The cost is typically less expensive in the Midwest compared to the east and west coasts of the United States.

I would recommend consultation with an experienced cosmetic genital surgeon for examination and to discuss the options even if that requires traveling. 

Best of luck.   

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic and Reconstructive Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Cleveland Urologist

Prominent clitoral hood

It appears you had a trim labiaplasty that removed most of the labia minora, but didn't address the clitoral hood.  The clitoral area now looks disproportionately larger. A clitoral hood reduction can be performed to bring the area into better balance. Consult with experience surgeons who offer clitoral hood reductions. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Reduction of Excess Prepuce (skin around clitoris)

Thank you for your time. I am happy to answer any questions you may have. 

Sexual wellbeing is important to a happy, well balanced life. In addition to physical pleasure, sex strengthens emotional bonds between partners, and adds excitement to life.

Designer Laser Vaginoplasty is a group of cosmetic laser procedures which repairs, enhances, and beautifies the genitalia. The most common DLV procedures are the Laser Reduction Labioplasty (reduction of labia minora) with reduction of excess prepuce. 

Designer Laser Vaginoplasty  pricing varies depending on the extent of the procedure. I recommend firstly a consultation in order for you to receive detailed information plus a personalized procedure quote.  

David Matlock, MD, MBA, FACOG

Unfortunately Common Situation

Sorry to hear about the problem you've had with your amputation labiaplasty. It's common to have doctors amputate the labia minora and not understand how to transition and reduce the clitoral hood as well. In your situation I would actually perform clitoral hood flaps to reduce the hood tissue AND ADD BACK tissue to your labia minora. No labia minora is not a good thing, there should be some tissue there to act as a barrier into the vagina.

Less-than-experienced labiaplasty surgeon with Trim Technique

My opinion is you seem to have had an overzealous reduction of your labia minora. This frequently makes the excess at the clitoral l hood look more so. A clitoral hood reduction should improve things but you will likely still have some residual deformity. Discuss this with your surgeon before surgery. Get into more experienced hands this time if you can.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

What procedure would I need

Often when the clitoral hood is reduced, this is done by removing skin on the sides. It does require scars although most cases these healed nicely. It would be appropriate to discuss with your original surgeon a revision to address this area. This can often be performed under local anesthesia. He or she will discuss the technique, resulting scars and also the expected result in this area.

Clitoral hood reduction

Thank you for your question and photos. It appears that the clitoral hood was not addressed. A clitoral hood reduction would provide improved aesthetics to your results. Please consult with a plastic surgeon or aesthetic gynecologist who has significant experience in this procedure. Best regards.

You need a clitoral hood reduction

You don't have a nice flow from the clitoral hood to the labia. It's too abrupt. This needs to be managed with clitoral hood contouring.

Clitoral hood reduction

It is common for surgeons who do not perform a large number of labiaplasties to avoid clitoral hood reduction. You are a good candidate for clitoral hood reduction to even out the skin. You should seek a consult with a surgeon who regularly performs clitoral hood reduction with labiaplasty for optimal results.