Is there any possibility I can have a breast augmentation procedure without a lift? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 31
Breast lift needed
The rate of sagging you have would make a breast lift necessary, since your areolae/nipples, as well as the majority of fullness, are located well below your breast crease. Without a lift, your breasts will probably look like “rocks in socks” and the sagging will be more prominent.
Is there any possibility I can have a breast augmentation procedure without a lift?
You might also like...
Breast lift alone
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.
Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon
Breast Lift Considerations
Thank you for your question and photo. As others have stated, you would likely require a breast lift in order to position the nipples and reduce sagging. Without that measure, implants alone could leave you with results you would not be happy with. I understand your concern about scarring. There are careful techniques used to reduce surface tension for incisions and minimize appearance of scars. There are products such as silicone sheeting that I recommend for my patients who are prone to visible scarring. I recommend that you seek a Plastic Surgeon who is board certified and very experienced in this area. Share your goals and concerns during a consultation and ask about measures to minimize the appearance of scarring.
All the best
Find the right surgeon to decide if you can have a BA with or without a lift
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation or is a breast lift needed too?
- You are correct - that a breast lift will be recommended along with your breast augmentation.
- Otherwise your breasts will sit on your chest and the breast tissue will hang too low.
- Most patients I see who have 'keloids' actually do not - they have hypertrophic scars that are much easier to manage.
- A vertical breast lift would be very unlikely to lead to hypertrophic scars.
- I suggest at your consultation that you show all your 'keloids' to your plastic surgeon to see if I am correct that you do not (fortunately) have keloids.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Breast augmentation without a lift?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.