Is there any possibility I can have a breast augmentation procedure without a lift? (Photo)

I am in my twenties but have severely droopy and deflated breasts due to breastfeeding and pregnancy weight gain/loss. My skin does not scar well and is prone to keloids thus I would like to avoid having a lift performed. Prenatal weight/bra size: 135/A Postpartum: 210/DD Now: 130lbs/ little to no breast tissue. I assume that I would be recommended to undergo a breast lift and augmentation. Is there any way around this? Which type of augmentation would yield satisfactory results without a lift?

Is there any possibility I can have a breast augmentation procedure without a lift?

Thank you for your question and photos. you will need breastlift plus implants.. Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift needed

The rate of sagging you have would make a breast lift necessary, since your areolae/nipples, as well as the majority of fullness, are located well below your breast crease. Without a lift, your breasts will probably look like “rocks in socks” and the sagging will be more prominent.

Breast Surgery

Thank you for the question and the photo.  Based off your photo, you will need to get a breast lift with breast augmentation.  If you do the breast augmentation only your breast skin will hang off the implant giving your breast an unpleasant look. When you are ready, schedule a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos you have significant mammary ptosis or sagging.  Because of this you will need a breast lift in addition to implants.  To understand the risks of not having a left please read the following link:

Breast lift alone

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift.  I would suggest that you will not get the position shape and symmetry that you would like with an implant

Breast lift

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos and the goals you have stated it would appear that the best procedure for you would be a breast lift with augmentation to produce beautiful overall results.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss you surgical options,  address your goals and work together to create the surgical plan that will best help you achieve the look you desire.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Breast Lift Considerations

Thank you for your question and photo. As others have stated, you would likely require a breast lift in order to position the nipples and reduce sagging. Without that measure, implants alone could leave you with results you would not be happy with. I understand your concern about scarring. There are careful techniques used to reduce surface tension for incisions and minimize appearance of scars. There are products such as silicone sheeting that I recommend for my patients who are prone to visible scarring. I recommend that you seek a Plastic Surgeon who is board certified and very experienced in this area. Share your goals and concerns during a consultation and ask about measures to minimize the appearance of scarring.
All the best

Find the right surgeon to decide if you can have a BA with or without a lift

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation 

Lift needed?

Your photos demonstrate "deflated" breasts with severe sagging.  In my opinion you would require a lift as well as augmentation to obtain the desired result of increased size and correction of sagging.  Without the lift, it is likely the implant will sit up while the breast tissue will droop below the implant - the so-called "Snoopy dog" deformity.  Your concern about scarring is reasonable, but measures can be taken to minimize this risk.    I suggest you have a consultation with an experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeon to share your concerns and goals and to come up with the best treatment for you.  Best of luck.

Breast augmentation or is a breast lift needed too?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and augmentation.
  • You are correct - that a breast lift will be recommended along with your breast augmentation.
  • Otherwise your breasts will sit on your chest and the breast tissue will hang too low.
  • Most patients I see who have 'keloids' actually do not - they have hypertrophic scars that are much easier to manage.
  • A vertical breast lift would be very unlikely to lead to hypertrophic scars.
  • I suggest at your consultation that you show all your 'keloids' to your plastic surgeon to see if I am correct that you do not (fortunately) have keloids.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS