Is there a point of massages after a BBL or lipo? How Long after surgery should I begin and for how long?

Any places in Toronto, or what to be looking for when on the hunt in Toronto?

I do not recommend massages, but every surgeon will have a different protocol.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Massage after lipo

I do not routinely have my patients go for massages after lipo or a BBL.  This is surgeon specific preference.

BBL

It is important to follow your surgeons post-operative care instructions seeing as they know exactly what they performed during surgery and exactly what you should do for optimal results post op. I believe that massaging can be beneficial but isn’t necessary. If you have some discomfort, swelling or want to accelerate your recovery process, you may want to do some daily light massages starting about a week after surgery twice a day. I would definitely recommend wearing your body garment until your surgeon tells you otherwise, to reduce swelling and have the best results possible.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I recommend you to begin your massages 24 hours after surgery and then follow one per day until you have done 10 to 15 of them, they will help you really good to get rid of swollen.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

The massages are fairly simple and your surgeon should be able to instruct you how to do them, after all, you have to get them done on a daily basis. 

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon