Does anyone knows of Fraxel resurfacing or dual is permanent or not?

Does anyone knows of fraxel resurfacing or dual is permanent or not? I am really bothered by my texture that it's so waxy and leather feel skin type anyone can answer if it's permanent or not? What will be the best treatment for this thanks

Fraxel laser and Improvement

Fraxel laser is a fabulous laser and the results are permanent.  However, if you go back in the sun and get new sun damage, then new brown spots can reform.  As you age, you will develop new fine lines and wrinkles and I always customize a maintenance program for all of my patients for just this reason.

Textural Improvement From Fraxel Dual

Results are permanent with regards to the treatment but the aging process continues and then requires more maintenance treatments in the future.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Permanence of Fraxel Treatments

Thank you for your question. This is something that comes up a lot during office visits.
Firstly, you will need a consultation in person to better define your concerns and understand what can be achieved.
That being said you can consider the changes provided by Fraxel to be "permanent". That is to say, depending on the treatment provided the pigment will be removed or the collagen bundles will be created.
Your skin, like the rest of your body is constantly changing and dare I say aging! The cells that create pigment will make more pigment over time, especially with sun exposure. The newly created collagen bundles will age and stretch like they should.
Though your results won't be as dramatic at 1-2 years they will continue to last beyond that. Often repeat, less intensive procedures at that time can often get you back where you hope to be.
That is why Fraxel and other rejuvenation procedures should be part of a comprehensive skin care plan including - sun protection, retinoids (Vitamin A products), Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Antioxidants and Growth Factors.
Find a certified Plastic Surgeon with expertise in skin care and good luck on your journey.

Trefor Nodwell, MD
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon