Is this goal realistic? My nose is very long, wide and oddly shaped and I would like to correct it without complications (Photo)

At 19 years of age I will need braces to bring my jaw forward, as I have a 50% overbite, this will be corrected. Below are pictures of my front and side profile and my edited dream nose from the side and front. I would like to shorten the length of my nose, make the nose bridge less narrow, improve my nostril shape, and make my nose less wide so my mouth doesn't look as small. I breathe perfectly out of my nose. Will there be high risks with such change? I don't want it to be worse only better

Is this goal realistic? My nose is very long, wide and oddly shaped and I would like to correct it without complications

Thank you for your question and photos. If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Realistic goals for a rhinoplasty?

Thank you for your question. All noses are different and there are many factors that will affect how a nose will heal and turn out. The changes that you are seeking are possible, but your nose will not necessarily look exactly like the photos you posted. It is important to porperly examine you and discuss your wishes, only then can a rhinoplasty surgeon tell you what you can expect. A rhinoplasty is not a risky operation and should not affect your breathing adversely if performed by an experienced surgeon. I hope this helps.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

The side profile photograph demonstrates an overly projecting nose with a dorsal hump along with a weak and recessive chin profile.  A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge and refining the nasal tip.  Placement of a small Silastic chin implant  can bring the chin forward and will help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose.  For more information  and many examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Are My Rhinoplasty Goals Realistic?

Your goals are very realistic.  The best way to avoid and minimize complications is to work with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist who devotes most of their practice to this surgery and can show you multiple examples of excellent results in patients who had a nose like yours. Also consider a chin implant which will enhance your rhinoplasty results by improving facial proportions.

Certainly improvement in your nose can be accomplished with rhinoplasty.  But one has to realize is that  the extent of refinement will be different for each person.  Best of luck.

Realistic goals

Your skin is thicker than those in the photos you have shown, so there will be some limitations.  But a rhinoplasty can be used to head in that direction.  Overall I think there is a good chance you would be very happy.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Is this goal realistic?

You appear to be a good candidate for a complete Rhinoplasty to improve the shape of your nose. I would utilize a closed Rhinoplasty Technique- without leaving a scar on your columella. In the right  hands you can get very close to your wish pic. Be sure to seek a Board Certified PS with extensive experience in Rhinoplasty.

Nasal tip deprojection

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a nasal tip de-projection to decrease the overall size of your nose and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD