Is it normal to feel your implants in your armpits?

I am almost 2 weeks post op. Breast Augmentation with lollipop lift. I received moderate implants filled to 500cc. I am having a hard time with feeling like my implants are in my armpits. Will this go away as the implants drop into place? I haven't started massage yet as I was told I would start after my sutures are removed on October 5th. I had to drive the other day and it was quite difficult. Also even washing under my arms or reaching behind is very awkward. Please tell me things will move inward.

Breast augmentation post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Mastopexy augmentation and feeling implants in armpit

With a mastopexy augmentation the implants can ride up high (in the armpit) until they descend over a few weeks to several months. They should not stay high but if they do some require surgical release of scar tissue. You are early in the post op period and most likely they will fall into place.

Breast augmentation question

is still early in the postoperative course. Allow additional time for your implants to settle. This can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Two weeks post operative

It is common for the implants to be high after a lift and augmentation. They usually settle in within about 4-6 months.  Good luck.

Implants in armpits

Hello, it is common for implants to be sitting high only two weeks postop. Sight unseen it is not possible to comment whether you are healing normally, but your surgeon will be able to follow this with you.

Implant dropping

It's hard to tell without a photo or exam, but with more time, your implants should drop and also swelling should go down.  Sometimes, the feeling of your implants being in your armpits is determined by the width of the implant itself, which will not change. 

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon