Nasal flare and broad nostrils with smile after septorhinoplasty 2 years ago. Any suggestions? (photos)

My hump was removed, tip was pulled up, septal cartilage was implanted to reconstruct tip, Nostrils altered to reduce flare & lateral, medial osteotomy. But now I feel that my right nostril is larger than the left and they both are wider than what they were before. When I smile I feel like my rose gets droopy and nostrils get more wider. I am not sure if I want to under a revision rhinoplasty again. What are my options now and what exactly went wrong. Please see the attached photos

Nostril symmetry

Making the nostrils look exactly similar and symmetric is one of the hardest things in rhinoplasty. However, you can undergo revision rhinoplasty to address the issue. RegardsDr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril Asymmetry after a Rhinoplasty

In reviewing your pictures, you appear to generally have a good result from your rhinoplasty.  The pictures you posted are not the best.  Pictures need to show your profile and the other pictures should not be taken at an angle.  With limited information, it appears your tip maybe still low contributing to droopy appearance when you smile.  Revision rhinoplasty is a big decision so I would choose wisely.  I hope this helps.  

Nostril flare

The nostrils can flare as a result of over active muscles, by naturally being too wide in the sill area or a combination. Your right nostril rises more and becomes wider than the left side when you smile. These can be corrected. Meanwhile a slight more support and lift of your tip may help your nose and your upper lip while you are smiling.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon