Will my nostrils fix on there own or will I need additional surgery to fix nostrils?

Had rhinoplasty one month ago. Everything was going great until one week after surgery I had a nose bleed that wouldn't stop. Went to hospital where they packed it. Two days later removed the packing but it left one of my nostrals way bigger than the other. Will this fix on its own or did it do too much damage; that I will need surgery to fix it?

Will nostrils fix on their own?

When viewing these photos, I see several issues that may need to be addressed. Besides the asymmetry, the photos display a nose that does not have enough alar (nostril rim) support and there is, seemingly, a disproportionate amount of soft tissue of the under surface of the tip to the length of the nostril. These are problems that can be addressed with secondary rhinoplasty surgery if desired. Seeking out a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in rhinoplasty revision would be prudent. Best of luck.  

Nostril asymmetry

Hi vincor2009, it does appear that you have some nostril asymmetry and right sided external nasal valve weakening. I am unsure as the the potential relationship of this to any nasal packing without examining the inside of your nose, but I doubt that was a contributing factor. Since you are only one month out from surgery, there is still a very significant amount of swelling especially in the tip of the nose, and things could considerably change from here on out. I would be patient and see how it evolves over the next few months, it may end up being inconsequential. Best of luck to you!

Nostril asymmetry

It is always nice to compare your preop photos to your post-op.  It looks like you have some weakness of the nostril on the right.  Time will tell if you need a graft in that region. Best of luck.

You appear to be having external valve collapse to your right nares.  However, you are only 1 month post-op from rhinoplasty, which is way to early to assess final results.  Please visit with your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.  Best wishes.

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon