Are My Breasts Tubular? Abnormally Shaped? (photo)

Are my breasts Tubular? They are uneven, far apart and have an odd shape. They have never been perky, even when I was young. I used to think they were just " saggy" but now I think they are abnormal. My sister and mom have a completely differnent shape to their breast. Is this just the shapes of my breasts or are they tubular/have a deformity??

Asymmetric Breast Shape and Volume

Hello Curiousgirl87- Your breasts have obvious asymmetry in their shapes and volume with ptosis. They are not tuberous. You are a great candidate for bilateral breast lifts (mastopexies) which result in scars around the areolae and extend vertically down to the lower breast fold (and along the fold). Through these incisions, your areolar size, breast shape and breast volumes can be made more beautiful and symmetric in volume and shape. Follow your curiosity and get a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in whom you love their post mastopexy photos and you trust to care for you. All the best.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Are my breasts tubular?

As mentioned by the other respondents your breasts are not tubular but in fact asymmetric and ptotic (droopy) .Your situation would be corrected by a bilateral breast lift with a small reduction on the right side. I have found that when I show patients cases both with and without small implants they tend to prefer the small implant to give an added improvement to the superior pole (cleavage).

Are My Breasts Tubular? Abnormally Shaped?

You have somewhat droopy and asymmetric breasts, but not tuberous. Asymmetry is universal but yours is more than average and is enough that a correction would probably be pleasing to you.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Lack of symmetry

Your breasts are asymmetric but not tuberous. Lack of symmetry is normal. If this bothers you, bilateral breast lifts with a slight tissue removal on the larger side could give you better symmetry. It may not be necessary in your case, but sometimes implants are placed at the same time.

Bruce E. Genter, MD, FACS
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Not tuberous breasts

You have a good bit of asymmetry of your breasts and ptosis of the nipple. With a breast lift and reduction procedure you can expect a nice improvement in size and shape and nipple position. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast aymmetry is very normal

Your breast is not tuberous and not abnormal. Breast asymmetry is actually quite common and can be adjusted with breast lift, reduction, or even an implant if you find the difference difficult to live with.

Tubular breasts

You do not appear to have tubular breast deformity. They are different sizes and drooping. Breasts come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and asymmetry is very common. This can be improved with surgery.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Sagging Asymmetrical Breasts Not Tubular

Thank you for your question. You do have asymmetrical breasts with the right side larger and you do have ptosis the technical name for sagging of the breasts.

Fortunately you do not have tubular breasts which can be very difficult to repair.

A procedure called a dermal mastopexy or breast lift should be able to achieve symmetry, raised the breast and nipple up to a better location on the chest to make the breast working and improve the appearance greatly.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who is experienced in cosmetic breast surgery.

Tubular breasts?

No, your breasts do not appear to be tubular, however, they are sagging. I believe that a breast lift procedure would give you a perkier shape that you would be happier with. It would make your elongated breasts more elevated and compact. The trade-off would be scars on the breasts.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

If you are happy with the size of your breasts, then a breast lift can improve the look of the breasts. If you want to increase the size of your breasts, then an implant can be added. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA