Multiple procedures: is it possible to have a small BBL at the same time?

My BMI is 23. My hemoglobin is 13. I am 5'6 and weight 145. No health issues. Stop smoking 3 momths ago and hopping to have the operation next year. I need a TT lipo and BA. I wonder if is possible to have a SMALL BBL at the same time. If so how would the recovery be?

Including a Brazilian Butt Lift with a Mommy Makeover

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Many procedures can be combined. Cosmetic procedures such as Brazilian Butt Lift (#BBL), Thigh Lift (#TL) and Mommy Makeover (#MMO), which usually concentrates on the breast and abdomen areas, may be combined together. However, I look at the risk factors such as surgery time greater than 6 hours, or #anesthesia time, increased risks of DVT, prolonged  #healing, #positioning after surgery to name a few, which are a lot to consider. These factors are relative to performing any variety of combinations. 
Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Multiple medical procedures, possible?

Congratulations on quitting smoking.  The consultation is the opportunity to get your questions answered.  Make a list before going to the appointment.  Good things to ask about include when are the follow up appointments?  How do I get ahold of someone in the middle of the night if something happens?  Do I need any special accommodations at home?  Tell the Doctor what your goals are.  Remember to have reasonable expectations. Together you and your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will come up with a plan.                    

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

TT and BBL in Ex Smoker

Congrats on stopping smoking. Please be aware however that any type of Nicotine use will still greatly increase your risks - so stop all forms. In my practice it is common for me to perform all of the procedures you mentioned at the same time. However, I use an assistant to save total operative time with the goal less than 6 hours of surgery (often far less than that) to minimize potential complications and for a speedier recovery. Sometimes there are even less scarring as for straight augmentations, I place the implants using the TT incision without the need for breast scars. My patients following a TT with or without a BBL stay in a reclining chair the first week. A flat tempurpedic pillow beneath your back and upper thighs will offload pressure on your buttocks. The benefit is only one surgery, only one recovery (you heal from all procedures simultaneously) and that you can use the fat that would normally be discarded from the tummy tuck. Pros and cons of this decision should be part of your in depth consultation with your plastic surgeon including the increased risk of complications with long surgeries and how to prevent them. Your plastic surgeon will guide you into making the best decision in your individual case. The most important decision is picking the best plastic surgeon experienced in this technique. See link regarding finding the best surgeon for combined surgeries.
#BBL&TTatSameTime

#BBL/TTinExSmoker

Combining BBL with tummy tuck and breast augmentation.

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

Excellent question. There are 2 issues -
  1. Length of surgery. Because you are slim, surgical time will be shorter than average. So the surgical time should be safe for you.
  2. Survival of the transplanted fat - most surgeons recommend that a BBL be done separately from a tummy tuck - you lie on your back after a tummy tuck and the pressure on the fat transplants decreases their ability to survive. That said, it can at times be successfully done. Discuss it with your surgeon.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope this information is helpful. Best wishes.

Multiple procedures at the same time

Dear Nihao,

Your question is a good one. In general, when performing cosmetic surgery, it is important to make sure that the procedure is safe as well as aesthetically successful. Multiple procedures are very common. However, it is very important that you discuss this with your operative surgeon as, in general, the risks do go up when multiple procedures are performed. However, if you are committed to having multiple procedures separately over time, there is the accrued risk of multiple anaesthetics.

In general, in the plastic surgery community, most surgeons agree that combining abdominoplasty and multiple-site liposuction does significantly increase the risk and one needs to be prophylaxed for deep venous thrombosis to prevent pulmonary embolism. Small procedures that you are suggesting can definitely be performed. In general, I prefer never to have a procedure last more than six hours and will keep patients overnight routinely for observation, fluid resuscitation, monitoring and anticoagulation.

I hope this information is of some assistance. For more information, please review the link below.

Sincerely,
R. Stephen Mulholland, MD
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

Buttock augmentation can be part of a mommy makeover.

Is long as your healthy there's no problem with doing the buttock augmentation at the time of the other mommy makeover procedures. With a BMI of 23 I am wondering how much buttock augmentation would be possible.

Combined procedures

It is probably fine to have the surgeries you are discussing but it will depend on how extensive each is and your overall health.  The only way to know for sure is to discuss it with your surgeon. 

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Multiple procedures

I would schedule an appointment with the surgeon you have choosen and get his opinion. This is commonly done but without a pshysical exam or even pictures it is hard to say. Good luck, Dean Vistnes. 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

If you are in good health and given your overall size it should be possible to have a small BBL at the same time as your other procedures.  However, be certain to check with both your plastic surgeon and your primary doctor to see if they have any concerns, or if there are any health issues which would increase risk in your case.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Multiple Procedures in Plastic Surgery

The consensus is to perform any elective surgery under six hours to minimize risk of complications such as increased bleeding, poor wound healing, skin necrosis, etc.  However, other factors are also taken into account such as your physical health, amount of correction needed, and types of surgeries performed. 

Take note that combining breast augmentation and Brazilian butt lift may not be a good idea because it would be difficult, if not impossible, to find the most comfortable position during your recovery.  

In breast augmentation, the best position while recovering is to sleep on your back, with your head elevated using large pillows.  But in Brazilian butt lift, you should not sit or apply pressure to the treated area for a prolonged period of time over concern that it could result in low survival rate of fat. 

Good luck and best wishes.