Mole removed 6 month ago still itches at the site. Should I be concerned?

Last year a mole on my neck got infected and then became itchy. I went to a plastic surgeon and removed the mole 6 months ago. The biopsy came back negative but it said there was inflammation in the mole. The scar looks nice and clean now, but the itchiness did not stop since the removal 6 month ago. Is it normal for the scar to itch every day? Should I be concerned?

Concern over itchy mole

Itching is very unlikely to be a sign of skin cancer so there is no reason to be concerned.Please use the ABCDE's as your guide for when to be concerned about moles: A for Asymmetry; B for irregular Borders; C for black or uneven Colors; D for Diameter greater than a pencil eraser; and E for a growth that is Evolving or changing. 

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon