Mole removal on rim of lip (cupids bow) (Photo)

Hello: looking for doctor in Toronto (or surronding area) to remove a raised mole on the rim of my lip. My three questions are: Do I have this performed by a Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist. Also, what procedure? (Shaved, etc?) and cost?

Doctor Answers 1

Mole removal on lip

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Choosing the right doctor for your procedure should not be based upon whether they are a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon. Look for a physician who is very experienced in cosmetic surgery and with whom you are comfortable.Since every face is different, the experience and technique of your physician, not their specialty, is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result.Depending on their size and location, facial moles can be easily removed by either a shave excision or a deeper, elliptical excision. Either method, done properly, should result in a minimal scar. 

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.