Miradry for Odor ?

I'm interested in miradry to eliminate Oder, I don't sweat much there, so less for that, but would like not to worry about Oder and need for deodorant. Would it be good for this?

MiraDry for bromhidrosis in Williamsville, NY

miraDry is quite effective in relieving bromhidrosis.It is FDA approved to treat hyperhidrosis of the underarms. Treatment of bromhidrosis is an additional benefit in most patients. Hratch L Karamanoukian MD

MiraDry works great for underarm odor.  My last patient had a little odor after one month and probably will require another treatment.

Barry N. Silberg, MD, FACS
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Miradry for Odor

MiraDry is primarily used as a treatment for hyperhidrosis, or excessive underarm sweat. While the treatment works to eliminate sweat, it also controls odor. It's the only non-invasive technology of it's kind that's approved by the FDA. Patients undergo a series of 2-3 treatments and seem to be very happy with the long-lasting results.

Jennifer Chwalek, MD

Less need for deodorant after miraDry

Although the miraDry procedure primarily targets the sweat glands in the armpit, a nice "side effect" is the odor reduction.  The procedure will not get rid of 100% of the smell, but you will notice that after having the miraDry, you will "stink" less.  Many of my patients have felt completely comfortable going without deodorant after their procedure.  Others still use deodorant on an occasional or regular basis, but find that a regular strength or natural-style deodorant works perfectly now to stay fresh and confident.Hope this helps, and best of luck,Dr. Lim

Angeline Lim, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

MiraDry for Body Odor

MiraDry is a great treatment for both underarm sweat and odor.  MiraDry technology targets the apocrine glands, eccrine gland and hair follicles.  The apocrine glands release a secretion that when mixed with the bacteria on your skin creates odor.  If odor is your problem, then MiraDry is a great treatment option for you. In addition, it has the added side benefit of decreasing some underarm hair growth (typically 60%).
Patients with moderate sweating typically need one treatment. Patients with severe sweating typically need two treatments to achieve optimal results. Few patients with severe sweating desire a third treatment.

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Miradry for Odor ?

Although MiraDry is intended to reduce sweat, it has the added benefit of reducing odor as well, and for women it also gives a 70% reduction in hair, so there are multiple benefits to this procedure. Over 80-85% of our patients require only a single treatment, and no longer use any deodorant or anti-perspirant. For patients who are truly excess sweaters, a 2nd procedure will be very beneficial. The great thing is the results are immediate. The next day you will not be sweating.

Craig Schwartz, DO
Leawood Vascular Surgeon

MiraDry For Odor

Yes, it can work for this as well. Many patients often report less, or no, usage of deodorant after Miradry.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist