Minimal facial work required to maximize aesthetic improvement for 23 y.o Male. (photos)

Given my weak facial structure what procedures can be recommended to provide maximum aesthetic improvement to my facial profile. Im looking into chin, cheek and jaw augmentations, but ive read that jaw implants are very invasive and difficult with a high revision rate. Can I achieve a stronger facial profile with just chin and cheek augmentations?

Volumizing Fillers In The Region Of The Posterior Angle Of The Jaw & Within The Chin Can Create A More Masculine Face

From the limited photos provided, it would appear that the appropriate use of volumizing fillers could easily, quickly and relatively inexpensively achieve the more masculine face that you desire within about twenty minutes with little to no downtime. 

I would first volumize the region extending upwards and outwards from the posterior angle of the jaw, which would provide broadening and immediate masculinizing definition to the jawline and lower face, which would be most obvious in full face, frontal view. Next I would address in a similar fashion the recessive ("weak") chin, whose added projection would be most evident in profile view and whose broadening would be apparent in frontal view. 

In my Upper East Side Manhattan practice, I would choose Voluma XC for both purposes. (In my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers and volumizers are available,  I would opt for Stylage XXL for the posterior cheeks and Emervel Volume for the chin.)

Be sure to consult with a board certified aesthetic physician with expertise in nonsurgical augmentation of the male face. And be certain to ask to see his/her before and after photos before agreeing to proceed. Good luck.

Jaw augmentation with implants

Based on your photos that show only lower part of your face, there is no doubt that lower jaw augmentation with chin and jaw implants would help you to achieve better facial balance and harmony. In the hand of an experienced surgeon complication rate with these implants should not be higher than any other facial surgery. You should seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with good reputation in facial implants. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant candidate

From the very limited photographs, it appears that there is a weak and recessive chin profile for which a chin implant can improve. Chin implants are composed of silastic, and are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes. The size and the shape of the implant is determined at the time of the consultation and examination. In our practice we have been using Implantech chin implants for over 25 years with an excellent success rate. For more information, diagrams, and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Non-Invasive Needs

There are great non-invasive options for cheeks and chin including: Botox, fillers, implants and fat. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a facial contouring expert to go over all your options and find what's right for you. Best, Dr. Emer

Chin , cheek , jaw angle implants , Toronto Plastic Surgeon , Dr. Adibfar

Judging from your limited photos , you seem to have relative weakness in your chin projection and jaw angle contour. It is hard to evaluate your midface properly without a proper examination and consultation.

Your options for augmentation can range from filler to fat graft to medpore implants and even osteotomies such as a geniplasty and orthognathic surgery.

A more definitive recommendation can only be given after a full consultation to go over the pros and cons of each of the above.

My recommendation would be to see a plastic surgeon who has great experience with all of the above.

Thank you 

Minimal facial work required to maximize aesthetic improvement for 23 y.o Male.

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures over the past 30 years using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek implants, chin implants), liposuction and/or facelifts.  In a 23 year old, it "all" about the shape of the face.  From the photos your cheeks are flat in the front, there is excess fat around the cheeks (in front and below the cheeks), the chin is weak as are the mandibular angles.  These combine to create a wide, oval shaped face with little angularity.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 
     I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.

Hope this helps.