Is it ok for a mid-40s woman diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia to take occasional 1-2 week breaks from laser comb treatment?

Is it ok to take a 1-2 week break from using the laser comb for AGA when travelling on holiday (at most a couple of times a year) or will even such small breaks in treatment reduce its effectiveness or allow hair loss to worsen? Thank you for your help.

Breaks from my laser comb ? Is it a good idea?

Provided it's less than 2 weeks and fewer than 3 such events per year, it shouldn't be a problem. Take note if you develop any extra shedding about 6-8 weeks after taking a break. If so, your hair is telling you not to give up the laser comb. All in all, it shouldn't be a problem. 

The treatment for your hair loss should be discussed with your doctor. You have to know what you are treating and why you are

The treatment for your hair loss should be discussed with your doctor.  The laser comb, in general, is not a typical treatment for androgenic alopecia.  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Laser comb

Try a long break , like forever. If you hair starts falling out, start it up again. As you might  surmise, I do not think laser combs do anything for hair loss. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser comb for androgenic alopecia in women

The use of a Laser Comb has marginal benefit for alopecia in most people. Take a break if you want. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon