For a man, is it possible to remove the hair on the chest and stomach area?

Laser hair removal to chest and stomach

Yes, it’s possible to remove the chest and stomach hair on a male patient with laser. Initially, you’d visit the office for a consultation.  At this time your physician will assess the area(s) to be treated. After taking a look at the amount and thickness of the hair, your doctor will be able to give you a realistic expectation in terms of how many treatments you’d need in order get optimal results.

Hair removal on chest and stomach

It is possible for hair to be removed from the chest and stomach area.  This works best if your hair has black, brown or red pigment (not blond or gray).  The darker your skin is, the more conservative the settings need to be, so more treatments may be necessary.  For best long term results, usually a minimum of 6 treatments is needed.

Ramon Peleaux, DDS, MD
Charlotte Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal -- Seek an Expert

Yes, hair can be removed from the stomach and chest. Laser hair treatment should get rid of this problem completely. In my practice I use diode lasers for the best outcome. I typically have patients do every 4 weeks for the first 3 times and then every 4-6 weeks for 3 times after. It takes a series of treatments for improvement in hair reduction. I suggest you see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Laser Hair Removal on chest and abs

Yes, as long as the hair is dark, any area including chest and abs can be treated effectively. We recommend 8-10 sessions, every 4 to 6 weeks to achieve the maximum result. Patients advised to have the area shaved prior to the treatment so the laser energy is properly absorbed into the hair follicle, disrupting its regrowth.

Jenny Weyler, MD
Worcester Physician

Hair removal on chest and abdomen

It is very common for this to be done on men. Plan on at least 6 treatments, up to 10 treatments to get a good removal. I don't know anything about your skin type and color of your hair, so further recommendations can't be made.

Steven F. Weiner, MD