Would love to remove permanent fillers from my face and lips. Any suggestions?

I have had permanent fillers (Aquamid) injected in my lips and cheeks in 2003. I was told by the doctor who injected the fillers that it would dissolve over time. Unfortunately The filler has no signs of dissolving and has started to look lumpy and uneven. I would like to remove it asap. Please help. Any recommendation will be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly

Thanks for your query. Lasers can be tried to get rid of the unwanted filler. It provides heat which melts the filler and removes it through lymphatic ducts. If that doesn’t work out you can get your doctor to remove it surgically. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Removing Aquamid from the face

It is very difficult to remove silicone and other permanent fillers from the face. Plan on a staged approach to remove infected and inflamed fillers. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS