Is a lift necessary? And can I be operated on if on remicade infusions for ulcerative colitis? (photos)

I'm 5ft 3 between 115 to 120 lbs. Silicone or saline? Dual plane or over muscle and if I'm on remicade infusions for ulcerative colitis every 6 -8 weeks can I be operated on?

Options for you

Hi Rose, After looking at your pictures you would get a nice result from an uplift and breast implant. The implant will enlarge you if you want to be bigger and should be placed under the muscle. a dual plane will not correct the drooping. For this you would need an uplift and this will also correct the asymmetry.The choice of implant is up to you. There is no significant difference in the appearance between silicone or saline unless you use a very large implant in which case the saline may show ripples. The main difference is that you can feel the saline implant underneath and on the side of the breast and usually cannot feel  silicone.  You should get a medical clearance from your doctor but should be able to have the procedure between the injections.

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift/augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.  I would recommend that you get a medical clearance for surgery from your medical doctor. From the looks of your photos, you would benefit from a breast lift and silicone implants under the muscle. This method lowers the risk of infection and capsular contracture. Additionally, at our office we use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose.  I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon