Lateral displacement and is it worth fixing? (Photos)

7 months ago I had my 350HP overs revised to under muscle due to CC (same size). My left crease is now lower than the right, too low, but my PS will not fix it. My breasts also fall into my armpits a bit when I lay down which I thought was normal with unders but now I am realizing it is not. I haven't showed my PS as he gets mad and says I'm picky. I'm tired of surgery but am not sure this an acceptable result. Any advice?

Lateral displacement

All implants fall off to the side a bit. Sometimes this can be improved if the pocket is too large. Best to be evaluated in person.

Lateral Displacement?

Every implant, whether it is subglandular, dual plane, or submuscular, will displace laterally to a degree over time.  That is a consequence of the implant being able to move a little bit and act like a regular breast does.  However, in some patients it can be excessive, leading to a large degree of displacement into the axilla area.  Based on your picture, it is hard to tell if this is normal for your frame characteristics or not.  To correct lateral displacement, the pockets need to be reinforced internally to help stabilize the position of the implant.  This can also help adjust the folds of the breasts as well.  If your surgeon does not want to address your concerns, you may benefit from a second opinion with a surgeon who does a lot of breast revision work.  I hope this helps.

Lateral displacement and is it worth fixing?

Thank you for the question and pictures. You demonstrate your concerns nicely. Although some “falling to these sides” of breast implants is quite normal when you lie down, if this occurs “excessively”, it may be a concern to patients.  This phenomenon is called lateral displacement of the breast implant;  it may be of concern from the visual and the discomfort standpoints. Surgical correction is an option.

Generally, the lateral breast implant displacement can be corrected using an internal suture technique, decreasing the size of the pockets and moving the implants toward the midline.    In my practice, I use a 2  layered suture technique to close off the space laterally (towards the axilla). The use of acellular dermal matrix is an option ( although not usually necessary)  especially if significant implant rippling/palpability is present.  Also, the use of a larger/wider breast implant may help improve/decrease the space between the breast implants.  Based on your photographs, I think that your concern is areola size; areola reduction surgery may be necessary to achieve your goals. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to lateral breast implant displacement concerns), helps.  Best wishes.