What would be the best laser/photo/ non-surgical option for me? Early 30s (Photo)

Hi! I have mild rosacea, an uneven and "rough" skin tone. I'm starting to get fine lines around my eyes, and I've noticed I'm beginning to get marionette lines from mouth to chin. What overall treatment plan would you reccomend? If I were to get one, right now, which do you think would be most beneficial? I'm on metrogel for the rosacea.

Skin rejuvenation.

You have classic signs of sun damage.  The best bang for the buck is laser resurfacing.  There is some downtime but the resurfacing and collagen stimulation are worth it.  We would then follow that up with the right products to keep you going in the right direction.

Cedar Park Family Physician

Laser for Rosacea & Fine Lines

Vbeam laser is a very effective pulsed dye laser that we love to use on patients with varying degrees of rosacea to dramatically reduce overall redness. Vbeam is also used for photorejuvenation to treat fine lines and sun damaged areas. The combination of these two things makes the Vbeam a wonderful option for you that will address both your concerns regarding rosacea and the fine lines you are beginning to notice. The procedure involves very gentle yet intense bursts of light with very minimal discomfort and zero downtime.

Dennis Gross, MD

Improving the skin and early signs of aging

Thank you for asking about your skin changes. There are many different approaches and it can become very complex deciding where to start. This is one -

• First, ask your dermatologist or plastic surgeon for a skin care program that includes tretinoin and skin lighteners as well as the metrogel. 
  • Keep this up faithfully for six weeks before any further treatment.
  • it will take 3 months but the fine eye lines will fill in.
  • During the first six weeks, you can add fillers for the marrionette lines -
  • There are two filler theories - one is to fill the obvious area, the other is to support the face with filler along the cheek bones - because these lines appear as the facial tissues slowly descend. You choose!
  • Then have a 30% TCA peel to remove damaged skin - results can be very impressive.
  • Have an IPL treatment after that if needed for the rosacea.
  • Then maintain your skin with the skin creams and with periodic microneedling treatments.
  • As facial expression lines appear in the forhead or around the eyes, add Botox.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Halo Laser Treatment

Thanks for your question. I've been very impressed most recently by a new technology called, the "Halo." It is a profractional laser rejuvenation procedure that offers less downtime (less swelling and redness). It takes about 45min to do, but you have to have numbing cream applied for 45min prior as well. It's made by a laser company called Sciton if you want to research it a bit. I hope that helps.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

BBL and Halo

Hi and thank you for your question!

Its great that you are starting your anti-aging treatment plan now at this young age.

At our office we would likely recommend the Sciton BBL along with a Halo. This amazing combination would target your rosacea, discolorations, tone, texture, pores and fine lines and wrinkles. We have seen incredible results with these two treatments. When used in combination, its hard to beat the results they can provide.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD