Is my top lip bigger and protruding? (Photo)

I had my lips injected with juvederm 2 days ago. Had some slight swelling that is better today. I am concerned my top lip looks bigger than my bottom and is protruding too much making me look slightly duck like. I would love a second opinion. And do you think I should inject more in the bottom to even it out (and if so how would you do it to even out the look so that the top lip doesn't look like its protruding?). I was hoping to go for a 40/60 top/bottom lip look and to look as natural as possible.

Some patients have temporary mild swelling after filler

Thanks for your inquiry. Some patients will experience mild swelling for up to 7 to 10 days, which is considered absolutely normal. My advice is to wait 2 weeks to see if the swelling goes down, and then if you are still not pleased with the results, follow up with the injector. To get the best results, it is important to choose an experienced, qualified injector who is familiar with the latest techniques.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers

It is too early, as there is still swelling. I would wait two weeks and then re-evaluate. Adding more Juvederm would only make your lips larger. You are correct. The lower lip should be larger than the upper lip by at least 1/3. For most people, one syringe of Juvederm is adequate. How many syringes did you have? Was the injector a doctor? These are things to consider when having fillers. Rest assured that if you do not like the results, it can be reversed. I have had a lot of experience reversing "bad lip jobs" with hyaluronidase. Wait two weeks, re-evaluate the results, and consult with the person who performed the injections.
Dr Mueller

David P. Mueller, DDS
Virginia Beach Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

I suggest you wait 2 weeks to see how the swelling subsides.  IF you are unhappy then you can reverse or touch up the filler results.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip fillers asymmetries early after injection. What to do?

I am sorry that you are having concerns about your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

My advice is to let the swelling to go away (usually 2 weeks) then reevaluate the proportions. DO NOT start correcting by adding more to the bottom. Sometimes is better to wait rather than chasing the asymmetries. Usually the result is a bigger problem.

Make sure that you follow with your injector, and raised your concerns.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Lip results after fillers

Thank you for your question and sharing your photos.  Although there is asymmetry in your results at 2 days, it is too early to say for sure that the asymmetry will last.  I would wait another few days to a week and re-evaluate at that time.  I would also agree with the ratio that you are trying to achieve.

Juvederm lip injections

Your top lip is bigger that the bottom and this is not the normal ratio. It should project more than the bottom lip. Swelling takes about a week to go down so re evaluate it then. It also appears the there is some asymmetries of the upper lip that hopefully will correct itself. You can get a little more filler in the lower lip to improve the ratios. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Injections

It appears that there is still too much swelling to really evaluate the outcome.  It can take up to two weeks to see the full effect at times from these injections so I would be patient before having any more product injected.  Best, Dr. Green

Top Lip Bigger After Juvederm

You are correct that your top lip is bigger than the bottom, but at 2 days it's still too early to tell what the final result will look like. Although the swelling may be better, it can take up to 2 weeks to fully resolve. If after 2 weeks your top lip is still bigger than the bottom lip then you can have some filler added to the bottom lip to help even things out. The bottom lip should always be slightly bigger than the top. Make sure you communicate your goals clearly to your injecting physician. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Too early to judge results following Juvederm injections to lips

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. Your upper lip looks too large compared to the lower, but it is too early to judge the results. Wait another week and evaluate how things appear at that point. If the upper lip is too large, then a small amount more of Juvederm is reasonable to place in the lower lip. Make sure your doctor is an experienced injector. Good luck.

Too soon to tell

Basically, until your swelling goes down, it is too soon to say. Give it a couple of weeks and if you still feel that your results are asymmetrical, then speak with your surgeon. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD