I just had one session of fraxel 5 weeks ago. Why is my face still swelling?

I just had one session of fraxel 5 weeks prior to procedure im wondering why my face is still swelling or might confusing with thickness,fatness plumpiness and adds volume please any one can answer me here is this permanent or not

Fraxel and Swelling

Fraxel is typical to have some minimal swelling for a few days but not several weeks. Please return to your treating physician for examination.  If you would like more assistance please post photos.  Best, Dr. Green

Swelling After Fraxel

Hello and thanks for your question.
Certainly some photos would be helpful to better understand your concern.
Compared to other technologies, Fraxel has lower rates of swelling and post procedural redness. However, there will be some swelling after any treatment. The extent of this depends on many factors including your skin type, what the goals of treatment were (pigment versus fine lines) and the settings used.
5 weeks of swelling is a long time and your physician should be made aware.
I'm not absolutely clear on your comments about plumpness but, Fraxel does not add volume or fullness to the face. The changes in terms of swelling will likely be temporary.
Best of luck to you.

Trefor Nodwell, MD
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon