Is it realistically possible to reduce my nostril size and look nice? (photos)

Im 7 weeks post-op double jaw surgery with genioplasty to correct my overbite (aware there's still some swelling but nose won't change much at this point) and I cannot get over the size. I didn't mind it before, i always though it was big but not enough to fix it. Now it seems too wide and takes over my face. I'd like to redice nostril size, pull them in a little bit.. I I'm still searching for the perfect surgeon.

Nostril Narrowing

After many LeFort 1 osteotomes the width of the nostrils can increase due to the facial degloving need to perform the procedure. This can be corrected by nostrils narrowing surgery of which the technique used would depend on your degree of narrowing needed and the size/thickness of the lateral ala of the nostrils.

Nostril "flare" reduction

of the nostril “flare” can reposition the lateral curve and also correct any
asymmetry of the nostrils. The scar is nicely hidden in the crease around the

Stephen M. Krant, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Nostril reduction

Thank you for the question and photos. It is certainly possible to reduce your nostril size with an alarplasty, which typically involves a wedge excision at the base of the nostrils, or within a rhinoplasty. It would be best to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon and have a full evaluation for your concern. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Reduction of nostril size

The width of the nostrils can be reduced within alar-plasty. This involves removal of a small wedge of skin at the base of the nostrils and sewing them in a more narrow position. For more information about rhinoplasty, please see the video and link below

Is It Possible to Reduce My Nostrils?

Your nostrils can be reduced so they look natural if done by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Consult with your surgeon who did the double jaw surgery re timing of the nasal surgery after swelling has resolved following your previous operation.