I went to find out about breast implants, the doctor said I need a lift but I feel as if I don't. Please let me know (Photo)

I don't want to get a lift , the doctor said he would recommend I get one

Find the right surgeon to help you decide?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

I went to find out about breast implants, the doctor said I need a lift but I feel as if I don't. Please let me know

I think a breast implant alone is going to give you a nice natural result. The larger you go the more fullness you will have on the upper breast but I think that can also lead to the nipple looking a bit to low on the new breast mound

Julio Garcia, MD

Based on the first photo you may have a significant asymmetry with the right breast lower than the left. You will need a lift on the right side if you want better symmetry.  For more on asymmetry please read below:

You do not need breast lift

You do not need breast lift.  See another plastic surgeon.  Breast implants alone will give you larger breasts.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Augment or lift

Although photos do not tell the whole story, based upon them, I believe that you need only the augment at this time. Care should be taken to determine the correct size and profile to compensate for the lost upper pole volume.

Breast implants with lift

In my opinion, implants for upper fullness combined with a lift will give the best results.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Breast augmentation and lift question

Hello and thank you for the question and the photo. This is a question best answered in person. However, based on the photo, I would NOT recommend a lift. You do not appear to have significant sagging. There is a small amount of loose skin but not enough to warrant a lift. 

The nipple position is not even. One appears to be lower than the other. Breast implants tend to minimize size differences, but increase nipple position differences. You might consider a limited nipple lift for the lower nipple to have better shape symmetry after surgery. 

You should schedule 2 weeks off of work and 1-2 months out of the gym. 

You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons before making any final decisions. 

As always, best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care md. 

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

I went to find out about breast implants, the doctor said I need a lift but I feel as if I don't.

Without examining you and taking measurements it is impossible to give a definitive response to your concern, but based on your photo, I think you may be right! Which makes me immediately concerned about the credentials or experience of who might be recommending a lift, since you don't even appear close to "borderline!"

Make sure you're seeing only ABPS-certified plastic surgeons, and get several opinions so that you can "weed out" those surgeons with poor assessment skills, or unethical recommendations for more than you need.

I believe you can have a splendid result with implants alone. For more information, please read my Comprehensive Guide to Breast Augmentation by clicking on the web reference link below. Best wishes!

Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

No breast lift needed. Just implants

Thank you for the question and photos. Your nipples seen in the photos are above the inframammary breast fold so you don't need a lift. The projection of the implants should give a small lift. You also seem to have a little asymmetry of the breasts that may need to be addressed. 

Seek another plastic surgeon or two for more opinions in your area. 

Dr. Khuthaila

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Augmentation and /or lift?

Thank you for providing the pictures along with your question.  Your pictures suggest that while you have pseudo ptosis, breast tissue below the breast fold, there seems to be a difference between your breasts.  The skin envelope on the right side appears to have more stretch marks and the the nipple seems lower than on the left.  If I based my recommendation only on these two pictures I think that an augmentation alone would be fine on the left side, but I am not as sure about the right side.  This is why an in-person examination, where a board certified plastic surgeon can measure your chest wall and breasts and assess the quality of your tissues, is the best way to provide you with the answer to your question.  

Isaac Starker, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon