Hard bump on left side of nasal bridge 10 days post op. Is this a callus, or a bump from swelling? Remaining bone?

I had an oteotomy (spelling unknown), dorsal bump removal and septoplasty 10 days ago. The results are fine on the right side, but on the lest side there is a minor but visable bump that feels like bone. It also hurts, while the other side does not. I have very thin skin, and I know once the swelling goes down it will be more apparent. Prior to surgery i had bumped that exact part of my nose... Im not sure what to expect, how my nose will turn out/what to do. Im seeing my surgeon tomorrow.

Swelling can sometimes manifest as tender bumps.

Swelling can sometimes manifest as tender bumps. 10 days post-op is too soon to be able to tell your final results; you’ll need to wait at least 3 to 4 months to get an idea of what your final result will be, and up to a year to actually see the complete, final result. Seeing your surgeon is a good idea if you are worried about this bump.

It is difficult to tell the cause of the pain. Is it a constant pain or pain to the touch?

It is too early to tell

Ten days is too early to rush to judgement. It can be any of three things mentioned by you. It takes several months before these things resolve after rhinoplasty. Be patient.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Talk to your surgeon

This can be caused by swelling, or scar or bone. Ultimately, you will have to wait until at least 3-6 months have passed to figure out what the problem is. If indeed it does persist, you'll be able to address it then, not now. 

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

Swelling

After dorsal hump removal there can be some swelling which can mimic a bump that still remains.  Try to be patient and see your surgeon as you are already doing.  A lot of these concerns will resolve with time as the swelling resides.  Best wishes. 

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Post operative bump

Congratulations on your rhinoplasty! Everyone recovers differently and it really depends on what kind of rhinoplasty you had. It sounds like you had osteotomies as well which is common and the bump you are feeling may be a "step off" between the nasal bone and the maxillary bone of the face. Sometimes osteotomies can be symmetric meaning the same on both sides, or asymmetric or different on each side. This could be a cause for differences on both sides. The most important thing is you are maintaining follow up with your plastic surgeon. Best of  luck, MMT